Homebrew SafeA9LHInstaller

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On section 2 of the updating luma guide, i hold down on the dpad and it opens the luma settings. when i press select nothing happens in the luma settings. Is that supposed to happen?

EDIT: nvm, got it to work.

Last edited by hudhair,

skunbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Im just here, succesfully installed with safea9..... and then when the console power on stuck here, if i press select and update a9lh reboot and get in the same place.
Please help me, i cant do nothing.
Thanks.
72fff4b8-ad3b-11e6-8d72-ee8ac970e7db.jpg

Jawnstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hello people, I've got some weird issue with safea9hli on N3DS.

I'm stuck at the step where I have to install a9lh (I'm using plailect's guide). I can start the hb launcher from QR code scanning, but when I launch safea9lhi I get most of the time the black screen (most of the times, keys are working) but I can't install it.

Fortunately sometimes I don't get a black screen so I could find the issue which didn't make sense to me.
I get the error message: "Error: otp.bin doesn't exist and can't be dumped". Which is weird because from what I've read, since I'm on N3DS I shouldn't need the otp.bin right?

And I don't know how to make the otp.bin unfortunately if for some reason it's still needed despite having a N3DS... Please help me D:

PS: if that helps, my N3DS was on OFW 11.2.0-35E and I used plailect guide to get a hacked 3ODS then transfer everything to my N3DS. Everything worked till the point I mentioned above. Now it's down to 9.2.0-20E.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you used the safea9lhinstaller for the 3ds. Looks like you may be trying to use the files for the o3ds.

Jawnstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Make sure you used the safea9lhinstaller for the 3ds. Looks like you may be trying to use the files for the o3ds.
Mmh, I'll check that now, I'm pretty sure I didn't download safea9lhi from a O3DS specific step. Thanks

EDIT: Thanks a lot, that was the issue. I didn't notice there was 2 different safea9lhi. But now I'm getting "Error: firm_100.bin doesn't exist or has a wrong size", so I'll look about that issue now *sigh*

EDIT2: I've found what was wrong. Thanks to what you said, I've double checked the versions of each file mentioned in the guide and I was using outdated files. Thanks a lot for your help el_gonz87!

Last edited by Jawnstar,

Jawnstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Mmh, now I'm stuck elsewhere. Seems like I can't inject FBI (was working fine on previous devices), still stuck at Health & Information. There's a troubleshooting guide for people who used Gateway to downgrade and I don't remember using that method. Unless it means downgrading through system transfer. Should I follow the troubleshooting guide (GodMode9) as if I used Gateway?

EDIT: Everything's fixed, thank you for your support guys!

Last edited by Jawnstar,

ChaosKids

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
generic booter as usual. went to the git already.but its a nice release none the less .
make variables always when cross compiling.

Jechticknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whew, looking for help (posted in wrong forum!)

Current issue: doing the install from the plailect guide and pretty sure im following the guide properly. Got Homebrew launcher to work and made down on the dpad my option to launch on boot. Tested and worked. Yay!

Up to the part where I need install arm9loaderhax. Placed the files in from the guide, though i admit some parts did confuse me) but PRETTY sure I did it all right. Up to the part where I need to launch HBL and install arm9loader. First, down dpad doesn't work to launch anymore..odd. So I went through the browser itself (QR code) but armloader doesn't show up in the list at all.

Tried redoing the steps, and nothing..so stuck at this point. System works though so thats good. But ya...any ideas?

Are the files in the guide linking to the wrong place? on a N3DSXL

Jechticknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update - checking to see if menuhax manager needs to be reinstalled, and its stuck on Downloading config via HTTPC then provides an error (with no install complete)

Should I start from the beginning? If so...what files should I safely delete?

TechyTurtle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update - checking to see if menuhax manager needs to be reinstalled, and its stuck on Downloading config via HTTPC then provides an error (with no install complete)

Should I start from the beginning? If so...what files should I safely delete?

I kinda confused wat you mean but if you doing menuhax use 2.2 for 3ds on 9 2 sysnand. also before reibstalling click delete to remove precious stuff then install. then continue with thebalmighty arm9 guide

Jechticknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Techy,

Followed the guide for a 9.0.0.0-20U N3DSXL that has had a cfw placed on it (through browserhax)

So clicked on the appropriate image box to get to the proper guide. in the guide, i used the QR code to access homebrew launcher but you're saying i should use menuhax 2.2? will try that.

And do you mean delete before installing menuhax?

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
I keep getting this message when trying to do a "Full Install" of A9LH
"Error: firm1.bin is invalid or corrupted"

How do I fix this issue?

Edit:

Turned out the A9LH version I was using (2.6.5) was broken. I used a previous version (2.6.4) and it installed without any problems. v2.6.6 did not work for me.

Last edited by longlivebrazilusbloader,
Reactions: zfreeman and brkun

Eccend

Trophies
XP
Country

How do I fix this issue?

Edit:

Turned out the A9LH version I was using (2.6.5) was broken. I used a previous version (2.6.4) and it installed without any problems. v2.6.6 did not work for me.

I'm getting the same problem when following this guide, (https://plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax), can you please explain to me how you fixed it?

benji787

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm getting the same problem when following this guide, (https://plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax), can you please explain to me how you fixed it?

yep, me too. "getting firm1.bin is invalid or corrupted press any button to shutdown" used all the correct files for my O3DS. so it's 2.0.3 that's giving me the error. is there any other compatible version with the o3ds?

Last edited by benji787,
Reactions: sup3rgh0st

sup3rgh0st

Top Tier Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How do I fix this issue?

Edit:

I Just used 2.6.4 and I still got the invalid or corrupted error

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!