Homebrew SafeA9LHInstaller

oFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly recommend people not update your a9lh unless you know EXACTLY what your doing, I was lucky enough that I had a hunch to full install instead of just payload 2 update, because for the newer less technical people, it's not that obvious

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
There is update to a9lh ? whats that gonna change ?
There are many different forks of a9lh. There is delbile's which is the standard fork, dark-samus which mostly has experimental features, FIX94 which has backlight disabled by default, and Aurora Wright's which is optimized for AuReiNAND.

If any of these forks update, you can simply perform a stage 2 update. However, when switching forks it's recommended you do a full reinstall, as some stage1 isn't compatible across forks. (IE delbile's stage1 works on dark-samus and FIX94, but will brick if you use it with Aurora's fork).

androgynus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok good. But are a9lh update necessary or i could just leave it at the one i used to install and just update my 3ds whenever an update comes up ? Also, out of curiosity , what is stage 1 and 2 ?

eclipser

Trophies
XP
Country
copy the arm9loaderhax.bin to your SD's root from depending which one you picked aureinand's or cakesfw's zip again sounds like you overwrote aureinands/cakes arm9loaderhax file with the one included with the Safe A9LH installer.

Edit: Good news if thats the case then its working as intended.

Thank you very much!!! :bow: and sorry for the late answer, you were absolutely right about it, got it running in an instant. :yay3ds:

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Ok good. But are a9lh update necessary or i could just leave it at the one i used to install and just update my 3ds whenever an update comes up ? Also, out of curiosity , what is stage 1 and 2 ?
No, if your setup works no need to update. You can update your 3ds without updating a9lh just fine.

stage1 is loaded first by a9lh, which then loads stage2 for screen init.

androgynus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another big question, if somehow i wanna change my CFW that i want to use with a9lh (lets say i wanna switch from aureinand to reinand), is it possible ? if so, how do i proceed?

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another big question, if somehow i wanna change my CFW that i want to use with a9lh (lets say i wanna switch from aureinand to reinand), is it possible ? if so, how do i proceed?
Yes it's possible. Just delete all the files you have for Aureinand and replace them with the files needed to boot up Reinand. It's that easy.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Delete the old files (aurei and arm9loaderhax.bin) and replace them with the new CFWs files.

That being said, ReiNAND doesn't support FIRM0/1 write protect so DO NOT use it with updated sysnand.

EDIT: :ninja::ninja:

androgynus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well i didnt intended to, just asking, because right now the best seems to be AuReinand but that might change someday so yeah, i was asking just before this happen.

Reactions: Just Passing By

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so I got all the files: new3ds90.firm (which I renamed to firm0.bin), new3ds10.firm (which I renamed to firm1.bin), secret_sector.bin and my OTP when my 3DS arrives - all these files were retrieved from capito27s fork. Now im not sure if im supposed to rename the .firm extension to .bin or convert them whatnot so if im wrong please someone correct me.
I also got from page 10 the payload_stage1.bin and payload_stage2.bin files, so Im assuming those are valid? :unsure: Also, do I have to have both stage1 and stage2 firms when doing a full fresh install or just stage1?

So basically my a9lh folder looks like this:

- firm0.bin
- firm1.bin
- secret_sector.bin
- OTP.bin
- payload_stage1.bin
- payload_stage2.bin

Now ive been following a couple of tutorials online and the most detailed one was installing a9lh with the "old" method where you would compile everything with your OTP and get a 3dsx file and install in by entering mini pasta then HBL again.
How is this method any different? I mean what can this achieve that the original couldnt? Sorry for the noob questions, Im just trying to be extra cautious not to brick my new console.
Seems good make sure to do a full install not stage 2 install and make sure it's YOUR otp.bin and not the Otp.bin in Capitol fork lol

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Seems good make sure to do a full install not stage 2 install and make sure it's YOUR otp.bin and not the Otp.bin in Capitol fork lol
Oh no worries I got that! The only thing that bugs me still is the part where you rename lets say the new3ds10.firm to firm1.bin. I mean is the .firm to .bin coversion really that simple by just changing the extension or do you have to use a tool?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCIhwknRKzk