Hacking safe or unsafe?

jasonj uk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry to sound like such a noob but i have just got to wii's to softmad however4 the people i got them from say that they are already modded but they dont know if the were chipped or flashed and want them updating! when i load them up there is no homebrew channel or any loader channels on them so im assuming that they are chipped however i just wanted to check if it is safe to flash them if they already chipped or flashed, how do i find out if they are chipped or flashed and what is the best way to update them? the software i currently use for unflashed wii's is the ultimate wii softmod 4.2 guide and software which was posted on nzbsrus.com which uses neogamma 8 beta to launch the games on the 4.2 dashboard
any help is greatly appreciated and if needed i can be contacted through msn if that is easier (pm me for my addy) again im really sorry for being such a noob but i really need the help
frown.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
1) You are shure you have a Wii? You sound like you have an XBox360
rolleyes.gif
. There's NO Dashboard on the Wii, that's called a Menu. And there's NO Flashing on the Wii, just installing some custom IOSes.
2) I would never use any guides that aren't on GBATemp...ususally, they're pretty dangerous, or just copied from here.
3) What's your point? Sorry, I don't get it...you have a Wii, from which you aren't shure if it's modded with a Chip or with a custom IOS? Well, basicly you can say:

-ModChips probably won't ever disabled by an Update. You'll loose Region-Free and the Ability to launch Config-Disks, not more. So pretty safe.
-You can mod the Wii with the custom IOS on 4.2.
-You can install a custom IOS on a Wii with a ModChip, it's safe.
-To detect, I would say: Insert a Backup-Game, and see if it's on the Disc-Channel. If so, it can be a ModChip or cIOSCORP. Now, I would try a game with a Movie, because they stutter a bit with cIOSCORP. If it stutters, it's probably cIOSCORP. If not, it's a Chip.
-If it isn't recognized by the Disc-Channel, it's a custom IOS.

(P.s: Please, use a correct grammar..it's horrible -.-'.)

jasonj uk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry about the punctuation i was in a bit of a rush wen typing it out lol! i just wanted to know if it was definatly safe to update to 4.2 with a custom ios

jasonj uk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
am i safe to say that...
Blue-K said:
1) You are shure you have a Wii? You sound like you have an XBox360
rolleyes.gif
. There's NO Dashboard on the Wii, that's called a Menu. And there's NO Flashing on the Wii, just installing some custom IOSes.
2) I would never use any guides that aren't on GBATemp...ususally, they're pretty dangerous, or just copied from here.
3) What's your point? Sorry, I don't get it...you have a Wii, from which you aren't shure if it's modded with a Chip or with a custom IOS? Well, basicly you can say:

-ModChips probably won't ever disabled by an Update. You'll loose Region-Free and the Ability to launch Config-Disks, not more. So pretty safe.
-You can mod the Wii with the custom IOS on 4.2.
-You can install a custom IOS on a Wii with a ModChip, it's safe.
-To detect, I would say: Insert a Backup-Game, and see if it's on the Disc-Channel. If so, it can be a ModChip or cIOSCORP. Now, I would try a game with a Movie, because they stutter a bit with cIOSCORP. If it stutters, it's probably cIOSCORP. If not, it's a Chip.
-If it isn't recognized by the Disc-Channel, it's a custom IOS.

(P.s: Please, use a correct grammar..it's horrible -.-'.)
...means it is safe for me to go ahead and softmod to 4.2 without bricking the wii's?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...