rxTools (w/Pasta) help

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by rufuszombot, Aug 12, 2015.

1. rufuszombot
    OP

rufuszombot Assassin

Apr 13, 2010
    United States
    The Moon
    I'm pretty new to CFW and emuNand, and all of that good stuff, so I assume I missed something when setting this up.

I'm on 8.1U, I have Cubic Ninja (retail), I created the emuNand, and when I boot RxTools it will auto load my emunand, but if I select either of the boot options it just freezes.

Can anyone also give me a brief rundown, or link me to it if it already exists, to the benefits of either downgrading to 4.5, or updating to 9.2?

I also haven't updated my emuNand yet, because I'm pretty much doing a test run, I suppose.

In the end, all i want is a reliable emuNand that's set up correctly and updated to the latest.

There has been a lot of progress in the 3DS scene lately, and since I updated my XL and N3DSXL right after NH1.0, I've missed out on a lot of stuff. So far, it works for what I want for the most part (JPN exclusives) but i don't want to run into any snags when trying to play something in the future.

I'm also making the assumption that RX w/Pasta is the best route, but again, I can't be sure of anything.
    Thanks in advance, and sorry about the wall of text.

2. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    4.5:
    More CFWs
    DS Profile Exploit

9.2:
    Spider

I'm missing a lot probably, but for me personally, this is the important stuff