rxtools lavanoid nightly gone?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by masterz87, Apr 1, 2016.

1. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    anyone know what's going on here. I am still on 9.0 on emunand and iknow i should've tried to update my emunand to 10.5 when i had the chance ut didn't realize nintendo had already released another two firmware relases so quickly.

2. CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    Not sure, although I would recommend switching to ReiNand or Aureinand. (I think ReiNand's really, really easy to set up though, because it doesn't require any additional files and is copied directly to root.)

Also check out A9LH if you want an 8-second/100% consistent boot rate: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)

3. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    I am already using menuhax and ctrboot and it's booting 100% and besides the 2s before boot if i select the option it's only another 1-2s extra waiting time. I should also say that I am on the new 3ds so that's why Iused menuhax since it worked just fine reinand i thought wasn't true emunand though or was I mistaken it was something abit different.

4. WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? PASTA's dirty animal

Mar 15, 2015
    Poké Ball
    Yeah, my nightlies were discontinued due to issues with my VPS provider - every time I fixed something, the server would mess itself up either due to hardware failure or because the admin was messing around with the node itself and breaking my VM. I decided to stop because I was frustrated with continuing the project.

Also rxTools is no longer in planned development. @motezazer even said to the PASTA group that other CFW's work better and that rxTools code basically looked like something from a horses ass (hard to clean up cuz it's so big, AKA horse shit and no one wanna do it).

Anyhooo, I'd personally recommend either AuReiNAND as it allows you to play DS cartridges in emuNAND or CakesFW if you want to be able to have more flexibility with the .cakes patches, such as multiple emuNAND support etc.

Last edited by WhoAmI?, Apr 2, 2016
  5. Arubaro

Arubaro Soulspace Guardian

Sep 4, 2015
    Then I guess I'll have to find some spare time to switch... But it's a pity

WhoAmI? likes this.
  6. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    so then aureinand is similar in terms of features then? I was looking over it and it seems OK. I ony really used rx for emuand mostly and sig patching so then aureinand is all compatible with the standard emunand9 emunand right?

7. WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? PASTA's dirty animal

Mar 15, 2015
    Poké Ball
    Yep, that's correct.

8. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    I wish they did version patching because I am super paranoid about doing sytem updating in system setings without the ver patchd to make sure i'm 100% on emunand even though i absolutely should be.

9. Hyura

Hyura GBAtemp Fan

Mar 23, 2013
    Brazil
  10. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    well ihave moved towards i guess now since rxis now dead.