Rxtools and pasta merge

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by hunter010709, Jul 3, 2015.

1. hunter010709
    OP

hunter010709 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2015
    Lets thank the developer for his effort, don't you all think, and hope pasta will flourish even more than it has.

Cheers mate and i hope the scene negative aspect isn't part of your decision. Your work is much appreciated.

It would be awesome if cake and rei would also consolidate their work into this one think tank and collaboration to a heavily supported stand alone cfw.

With sales of consoles figure and the extremely small community using cfw, flash cards in comparison, the piracy argument is MUTE. Opinions are just that, opinions, without any place in the facts.

Keep up the good work guys and don't let ego, hate or fear get in the way of supporting the community.

2. weatMod
    This message by weatMod has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Jul 6, 2015, Reason: Autism is not a joke, ok?.
    Jul 4, 2015
  3. StaticPain
    This message by StaticPain has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Jul 6, 2015.
    Jul 4, 2015
  4. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Is this an official merge? Or is it like comcast / twc merge

tipsytoto likes this.
  5. StaticPain

StaticPain GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2014
    United States
    California
    Rxtools was gifted to the pasta team!

6. RaMon90

RaMon90 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 3, 2013
    Italy
    Better than nothing, I haven't tested rxtools but it seems like its easy to install. Also isn't there now just 2 cfws? I'm not really confused.

7. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    there are a lot of err uh i wouldn't call them CFW's exactly, well just say projects, reiNAND , cake, pasta, rxtools, PBT ,NTR,

8. coolfuze

coolfuze GBAtemp Fan

Jun 25, 2013
    IMO this does not deserve a separate thread.

9. ServbotMan

ServbotMan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    riptools ;_;

10. Link'sSpiritualAwakening

Link'sSpiritualAwakening Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2015
    United States
    Old3ds- Cakes, New 3ds- Pasta. Done

Note: I still use a gw for those weird ass .3ds titles that you can never find a cia for. And installing devmenu to sysnand, gw just makes life easier.

11. Bkool999

Bkool999 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 3, 2014
    United States
    Because the PSP scene totally didn't get a shit ton of CFW's itself. Compared to that scene, this is nothing.

zoogie likes this.
  12. zhdarkstar

zhdarkstar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Much like the PSP scene, I expect the amount of CFWs to eventually reduce itself down to two main CFWs. One will be rxTools with Pasta and Cakes, while the other will probably be ReiNAND or something else.

13. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I'll add this firmware patchers / NAND redirector (not really CFW) list here:
    and I'll add missing ones:

I suppose these ones are still widely used:
    Palantine
    NTR (for layerFS, plugins and debug tools)
    Pasta/cake/rxTool users have probably migrated to rxTools now (or soon).

Are we missing anything else?
    there are too many releases and patches to follow what's happening everyday.

edit:
    oh, there's a wiki page :
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_CFWs
    thanks mid-kid for creating it.

MrJason005 and weatMod like this.
  14. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    i never owned one so i wouldn't know really
    ps3 i followed ,it had a lot of CFW but they all pretty much do the same thing

15. hunter010709
    OP

hunter010709 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2015
    Nothing seems to, that is why for a noob, or someone unfamiliar with the scene, it is all over the place and noob unfriendly....

Care to give me the heads up in a minute or two, the different teams place as of now.... Oh, you have to go looking through 100's pages of comment..... Who has mset above 4.5, who has browser exploit, etc.....

I'd say though like apachethunder, you feel like you can deem what is and isn't necessary for those who don't have the time to be indepthly involved and hence use this very forum.

This place isn't made for the totally aware, or it wouldn't be here. It is for sharing info others may need or be unaware of and invoke conversation and others into the same dialogue.

Last edited by hunter010709, Jul 7, 2015
    Quantumcat likes this.
  16. coolfuze

coolfuze GBAtemp Fan

Jun 25, 2013
    Your comment would have been fine for the RXTools thread dude, but it doesn't deserve a thread of it's own, you aren't helping anyone but yourself by doing so. If you do not get this concept you have not been on the forum long enough.

17. weeandykidd

weeandykidd Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2013
    Off topic, but know how Cakes has the 9.X MSET? Is there any way to use that with Pasta?

It'd be handy to not have to use Cubic Ninja

18. Arkansaw

Arkansaw GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2005
    Trinidad and Tobago
    +1 for the scene solidarity

19. Jiro2

Jiro2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2011
    United States
    Does 9.x mset require browser? If not it could be useful to people stuck without one....