rx tools on multiple 03ds's?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Darthlink9, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Darthlink9
    OP

Darthlink9 GBATemp Resident Heartbreaker

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Nearby
    so, I had a thought. See, I've got two different 3ds's, an xl, and a smaller one. both have sysnand 9.2 and both have emunand 10.5. both have been hacked with rx tools. thing is, my smaller 3ds has the larger sd card. is it possible, since both 3ds's are set up exactly the same, to just swap the sd cards between them, as needed? or would this result in unpleasantness like briks or corrupted files and the like? does anyone know? sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, and if that is the case, would someone please direct me to the correct place? thanks!

2. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    It wouldn't work because the emunands are still cryptographically tied to their respective consoles of origin.

3. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You can change the SD card by making a backup of both emunands using emunand tool, making a backup of SD card contents, then injecting the backup of emunand 1 into SD card 2 and vice versa, and copying the SD card files to the other card. It is a lot of trouble to go to though and it's not something you'd want to do regularly (which is what it sounds like you want to do).

4. j3yps

j3yps GBAtemp Regular

Dec 3, 2015
    Manila, Ph
    Backup your saves, and set both up again.

5. Darthlink9
    OP

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Nearby
    i know how much of a pain it'd be to back them up and restore them regularly, I just want to have my larger sd card on my XL because the smaller 3ds is just that- too small. thanks so much! will definitely try this.

Quantumcat likes this.
  6. Darthlink9
    OP

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Nearby
    I've got everything going and working smoothly now! thanks! unfortunately, I ended up just re-installing rxtools on both 3ds's, which was a lot simpler. if possible, could someone post a link to a tutorial on injecting Emunand on a new sd card, such as when upgrading sd card size/speed for future reference? thanks for all the help!

7. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Have a look at the stickies in this forum - one of them is called something like "Transferring emunand from one SD to another, confirmed working on new 3DS". That has all the info you need, including a link to the program you need (emuNAND tool).

8. Sumea

Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Aug 16, 2008
    Finland
    Turku
    Google either Emunandtool for windows or emunand9 - make a bin, stuff a bin in. Bin it good and bin it out. I should tell about my bin love eternally for bins.