Running unsigned code on e-book reader?

xXxSwagnemitexXx

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so I got this cheap e-book reader (imagin IMEB5) and I was wondering if I could run unsigned code on it ( it seems very exploitable). It can run DRM'd ePubs, DRM'd PDFS, Normal ePubs and PDFs. It can also do video, image and music, so it also supports MP3, JPEG, FLV, AVI, Mpeg4 and Mpeg2. It also has a MicroSD slot. I was thinking of something like on the Wii U but idk. I've just been thinking about this for a while and im wondering if anyone has any extra information on this thing that could help me.

xXxSwagnemitexXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If its running Linux or something I could try running a distro of the SD Card

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Im probably gonna crack this thing open soon and check out its insides

I can only find two screws on the bottom of the reader

xXxSwagnemitexXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the screws on the bottom of this thing are so tiny... i need a smaller screwdriver

i got the two screws out but its not coming apart. there arent screws anywhere else though

i got it, there are clips holding it it, ill get them out tomorrow

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I don't really see the point. If it's an e-book reader (especially if it's a cheap one), it probably barely has enough power to read books.
If it runs on Android or any other common OS, and you can get out to the normal interface (if it's still even installed), great job. You probably won't be able to do much more with it.
If it runs a custom OS or heavily enough modified to not be able to do much outside its intended use, good luck convincing people to hack it and write homebrew for you.

EDIT: Also, forgot to say this, but this isn't an instant messaging service. Please don't post in rapid succession.

Last edited by smileyhead,

xXxSwagnemitexXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't really see the point. If it's an e-book reader (especially if it's a cheap one), it probably barely has enough power to read books.
If it runs on Android or any other common OS, and you can get out to the normal interface (if it's still even installed), great job. You probably won't be able to do much more with it.
If it runs a custom OS or heavily enough modified to not be able to do much outside its intended use, good luck convincing people to hack it and write homebrew for you.

EDIT: Also, forgot to say this, but this isn't an instant messaging service. Please don't post in rapid succession.
okok i wont post rapidly, but thats pretty much what i want to do. i want to get it out of its normal interface.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL