Running SD boot on wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by doughboy1337, Mar 20, 2010.

Mar 20, 2010

Running SD boot on wii by doughboy1337 at 8:33 PM (1,503 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. doughboy1337
    OP

Newcomer doughboy1337 Newbie

United States
    Hey. First time poster. Came from another forum that can't answer my question so please bear with the noob.

I just purchased a wii key adapter (also called a sd gecko by some), and am trying to run sd-boot on my wii so that I can load my gc backups from my wii key since my wii dvd drive is incompatible with dvd-r. Only thing I've found that claims it can do this is the Wii Gamecube Homebrew Launcher: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Gamecube_Homebrew_Launcher, which comes with a program called MIOSPatchingWadInstaller. I can't run this app however, since hbc claims it's not a wii app. Every other mios patcher I find will only support backup discs, is there one out there that will support sd boot and how can I install it?

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    You can try WiiGator's cMIOS, that's able to launch GC homebrew. But with that it gets complicated, WiiGator's cMIOS screws up retail GC disc support, so i can't tell if you need a retail or a backup GC disc in the drive for SD Boot. And you can use NeoGamma to boot GC homebrew, just name the gc .dol "GC.dol" and put it into the NeoGamma folder on sd card, and set NeoGamma to GC mode external and select play disc.