Running Gamecube games from a USB drive failing.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sam6555, Sep 29, 2013.

1. sam6555
    OP

sam6555 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2011
    Over the past few weeks I have been trying to run backups of both Wii and GC games off of a USB hard drive, however I'm having a few problems with the GC games. At the bottom of this post is a SysCheck to show all the IOS's and stuff installed. I'm hoping someone looks at that and instantly sees something amiss, but I'm doubting that will happen.

Wii games run just fine for me, so no problems there.

GC games most of the time wont even start, i.e I wont even see the DIOS MIOS splashscreen. And if a game does start it will probably just blackscreen at some point which actually turns the Wii itself off, the light on the Wii goes red. This doesn't happen at any set time, taking Wind Waker for example. I have had it turn off just as I was about to select a save file. So initially I figured it was a memory card issue. Then I tried it again later on that day. Everything went as it should have done, until I got the Spoils Bag from the pirate ship. I went outside the room when Tetra speaks to you, and then it turned off.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something completely wrong, or simply have something missing. Some of the tutorials I followed are here:

http://gwht.wikidot.com/dios-mios
    http://gwht.wikidot.com/usb-loader
    Also used Preloader, PimpMyWii and ModMii at some point to get it all going.

During one of these tutorials it told me to change a DML option to DM in the CFG settings, though I've never seen an option for it.

My Wii is a release date Wii if that means anything.

I currently use CFG v70r65.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. sam6555
    OP

sam6555 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2011
    Bump.

Half tempted to just go out and buy some DVD-R's to see if it works. :P

3. sam6555
    OP

sam6555 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2011
  4. sam6555
    OP

sam6555 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2011
    Bump. :mellow:

Also I mis-read devolution's function, so that did nothing for me.

5. fringle

fringle Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2009
    Canada
    I have the same problem. The only loader I found that doesn't cause this is dios-mios booter. It's text based so no cover art but it seems to correct the issue.