Running emulators at full speed.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by AhderbeePhertersherp, Feb 22, 2016.

1. AhderbeePhertersherp
    OP

AhderbeePhertersherp Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2016
    United States
    Is it possible?

I am running 10.5. I am using a 3DS XL with BrowserHax and MenuHax. The "built in" GBA emulator is super slow. any tips will help.

2. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    By just "3DS XL" I'll assume you mean O3DS XL. That, compounded with sysNAND 10.5 leaves you in a tough spot in terms of GBA/32x/PS1. You can't run dynarec, which is how those emulators get better speeds (requires kernel access, which isn't available on "vanilla" 10.5), and you're also on O3DS, which is a slow device, not to mention you can't downgrade without a hardmod (yet), so GBA can't be accelerated with AGB_FIRM.

There's not really a lot you can do in your current situation, no, not without downgrading, and even if you do, GBA/32x/PS1 will all continue to run poorly (as in, not full speed) due to it being O3DS (except if you run GBA on AGB_FIRM).

Last edited by daxtsu, Feb 22, 2016
  3. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    If You get a Hardmod, then 10.5 downgrading is possible since cia emulators like gba will run at 90% speed on the old 3ds.

4. AhderbeePhertersherp
    OP

AhderbeePhertersherp Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2016
    United States
    Bummer :(

5. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    Only thing is to Hardmod the backup your nand, Modify it to have 10.2 firm and restore, sysupdater will work again on 10.5, its been well tested