Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
Nice feature if true, even if it turns out to be unlikely. I also picked up on the slider label that looked particularly bright as well though.

Mesiskope said:
Goli said:
Mesiskope said:
I honestly think the entire 3ds is a bad Idea.
Don't buy it? You can just turn off the 3D part using the slider anyways.
More on-topic, I was always under the impression that the 3DS shown there was a bad model made by someone at EA
unsure.gif

then what's the point? Might as well be DS 2.
That's like saying "I have a PS3 and I play it on a standard-definition TV. What's the point? I might as well have a PS2." (Or replace PS3/PS2 with Xbox 360/Xbox respectively.) It's not just another DS revision, it's a new console entirely, with backward compatibility.
coolface.jpg

Your explanations bore me. Thats probably the only reason Nintendo called it 3DS. Its a DS 2 in disguise.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Of course the 3DS is the successor of the DS and could be called DS 2, but in which way does this matter? Does that mean a PS3 is an insignificant upgrade of the PS2, which in turn is merely another PlayStation?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pliskron said:
Maybe I'm just an exceptional person because I've never had a problem finding buttons or the d pad in the dark. Then again it could be a superfluous option.
Me neither, but more options are still good.
smileipb2.png

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
Ehm....it's cool...but...

I can't see through my fingers...

XD

You do have a point though; this would really only be useful for casual gamers (or ones that really suck), as most gamers will know the button locations by heart...

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
A few minutes lost from a full charge to light those is insignificant, and the cost is negligible. I like the idea.

As far as the keyboard comparison is concerned, people who have taking initial computer classes are taught how to type without looking at the keyboard, so in many circumstances, the lighting wouldn't matter there either. It's mainly for looks.

DarkFocus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DiscostewSM said:
A few minutes lost from a full charge to light those is insignificant, and the cost is negligible. I like the idea.

As far as the keyboard comparison is concerned, people who have taking initial computer classes are taught how to type without looking at the keyboard, so in many circumstances, the lighting wouldn't matter there either. It's mainly for looks.

it's entirely for looks. if you had to look at the buttons to play you would always fail because by looking at the buttons your not looking at the screen.

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS probably will have a better battery than the other ds consoles and ithink the back light looks rll good but will drain the battery , they may have a option to dim it down or turn of

dmace81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got to be fake. And another thing. My Garden? MY GARDEN? And I thought 3DS was for HARDCORE GAMERS as Nintendo says.
hate2.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Backlit buttons look awesome, and that's what matters
happy.gif

The GB Micro has backlit buttons, they look really nice. There will probably be an option to turn the backlight off, if you don't like it.

Another feature I'd love to see on the 3DS is a battery indicator, somewhere in the home channel, or on the menu screen, anywhere. I'd love to know if the console is fully charged or mere minutes away from the red light and the frantic searching for a savepoint or a power outlet
tongue.gif

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
backlits are cool. You normally use backlits on cellphones even if youre already used at the T9 keypad.

I would love this feature to have an option to be turn off as it would definitely drain the battery. Another way to discharge the battery rarely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg