RUMOR- new Metroid or spinoff?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today, the Japanese Metroid site was updated to include an unusual new ad. An indentation below the 3 Prime games shows a picture of a space pirate and the words "Another Side Story" in english.

Gamekyo has translated the Japanese text accompanying the pic and English as:

"Live the history Metroid Prime on the side of the Pirates"

Speculation, but could this be a new spinoff of Metroid? And if so, which system would it be for? Could this actually be the infamous Metroid Dread???

Picture of the ad:
btn_another.jpg

Site is here:
http://metroid.jp/

http://www.gamekyo.com/newsen30139_metroid...-continued.html

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gameyoko should look on other sites, this was posted at most places a few days back.

I don't think anything will come of this, Nintendo don't usually tease on its websites and especially on a Japanese one where the Prime series has not done well at all.

Would love to be wrong and that we'll get a all new 2D entry or maybe a sequel to Fusion in some way.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, considering Dread was a project originating from the Space Pirates (according to the scan - that may have been a teaser - in Metroid Prime 3 in a Space Pirate base), it's quite possible it could be Dread. I'd love to hope so anyway, a new 2D entry in the Metroid series would be immense.
Still, playing as pirates doesn't sound as fun, but who am I to judge before we know a thing about this game?

EDIT:
In fact, the more I think about it, the more I think it must be Dread. It would make perfect sense considering the aforementioned teaser in Metroid Prime 3 and the fact this information coincides with the release of Metroid Prime on Wii.
Here's the scan in the Space Pirates' base as a reminder:
'Experiment status report update: Metroid project 'Dread' is nearing the final stages of completion.'

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Kinda funny and creepy... I remember Bob (Bob's Game developer) saying he "spoke to the aliens" and that they told him stuff about Nintendo... about Metroid Dread coming out this year, and how he wanted to spoil the surprise for us to piss of Reggie. (Something along those lines)

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian Uranium said:
Bad translation of the actual backstory told for newcomers?
Most likely this. As much as I want Dread, I doubt Nintendo would tease something completely new site on a promotional site. Besides Nintendos not one to tease (not lately at least).

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
A new 2D would KICK ASS. (I have Fusion and Zero Mission.)

Plus, playing as the Space Pirates sounds fun, like playing as Halo's the Arbiter. Perhaps an RTS, like EndWar?

ZeroEXE93

Trophies
Website
ep.ipbfree.com
XP
Country
United States
Nessie said:

Plus, playing as the Space Pirates sounds fun, like playing as Halo's the Arbiter. Perhaps an RTS, like EndWar?
Metroid without Samus is like Yugioh without Yugioh though...
frown.gif

...oh wait. >_>

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZeroEXE93 said:
Nessie said:

Metroid without Samus is like Yugioh without Yugioh though...
frown.gif

...oh wait. >_>
nobody said it would be without samus though. You can play as a Ridley's right hand man pirate and explore a new world in hopes of furthering pirate control only to find Samus at that same planet. You then have a race to whoever can reach a new breed of metroid in the center of the planet while facing off against Samus three times through out the game. Three is always the magic number in video games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good