[Rumor]new DS Widescreen is coming April 2009: IGN

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I, personally, would like to have a DS with better graphics + a widescreen... And if you put regular DS games in, i could just shrink the size to what the normal DS games are like. Although, I think for the next handheld, Nintendo is going to use mini DVDs because of piracy.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is too busy bathing in their money to make a new DS for us.
mad.gif

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nin10doFan said:
I, personally, would like to have a DS with better graphics + a widescreen... And if you put regular DS games in, i could just shrink the size to what the normal DS games are like. Although, I think for the next handheld, Nintendo is going to use mini DVDs because of piracy.
REALLY mini-DVDs. Like UMD size or smaller.
And then you need to have some way to save files.(Nintendo does internal storage I bet, maybe a memory card, *coughPSPcough* and somehow it will be hacked.
You can't stop piracy forever.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Alex said:
Nin10doFan said:
REALLY mini-DVDs. Like UMD size or smaller.
And then you need to have some way to save files.(Nintendo does internal storage I bet, maybe a memory card, *coughPSPcough* and somehow it will be hacked.
You can't stop piracy forever.

Not sure if optical media is worth it anymore.. flash memory has gotten so cheap these days.. anyway, you can't stop piracy
tongue.gif

spearman792

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a few reasons posted on these forums (Lack of good first party games coming out, and a slow of sales in Japan) I think, there will be a new Nintendo portable gaming device. Notice how I didn't say DS. It's bee a good long time since a new handheld has come out (2.5 years for lite and almost 4 since the original phat). But it has to be about time for something new and not just in the sense of a new DS, it will be something not really seen in gaming before like the wii's motion controls and the DS's touch screen. There's no real way to find out what this new handheld will be though until, like IGN said, a big convention in the Spring or later because Nintendo won't want to lose money on the DS lites they could sell during the holiday season.

Wow, long post! haha

Jordan10la

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
rambozotheclown said:
I hope it has a collapsible analogue stick instead of the ass D pad thing this time.
GTFO. It's bad a enough they made bad buttons for the lite. It'sreason I refuse to upgrade from the awesome phat. I mean it's fine until I see my cousins screen com[ared to mine.
QUOTE(xcdjy @ Sep 6 2008, 01:47 PM) Widescreen would be nice, but there's nothing wrong with the current DS lite. I don't see it happening, at least, not for a long time.
See above

Also I see no need for a new DS or Nintendo handheld. Just maybe some more worthwhile games for the current DS.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
my thoughts are that when they get around to releasing the 3rd incarnation, I would like to see the following changes (although these aren't necessarily what nintendo will do).

- widescreen displays (more real estate = high resolution). just like game boy advance > game boy color backwards compatibilty, older ds titles would display with vertical black bars on the left and right (just like widescreen televisions do when displaying
- increase the resolution of the screens from 256x192 to 576x384. this would double the existing screen resolution (while also increasing the horizontal resolution to accommodate for the 16:9 aspect ratio change). original ds titles would display in double-size pixel mode and look no different than they do on today's hardware, however newer generation titles would have 2x the resolution.

- change the d-pad controller to something similar to the max analog solution that nintendo made available for the nes systems. this would give the ds a similiar analog solution that the psp has.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Nesmax.jpg

I can't see NCL/NOA going to a buttonless solution, because the current touchscreen technology does not allow for multiple contact points from being indentified (at least at a reasonable cost).

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
I would buy a new DS if it will have a stylus with a soft tip (like cotton buds) that can be cleaned once in a while and WPA support. Those are the things that I only care about. I'm fine with the screen.

diablow2000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DS is (or more likely, was) a "third pillar". Maybe a new Gameboy will be released? With bigger screen, better graphics and longer battery life it could compete with PSP (or maybe even PSP2).
Digital distribution (downloadable games) like in WiiShop would be a cool feature for new handheld. Games would be cheaper, because there will be no need for cartridges.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    +1
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: