Gaming Rumor: Chrono Trigger DS

Sendoh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I sure hope that the fact that they made a portal for the US Square-Enix site means that they are sticking to their promise of simultaneous worldwide releases.
wacko.gif

Dhaos_Niko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
*dies*

This is an awesome news. I hope it's a direct port, with enhanced graphics and sound. No addictions. NO new charachters, NO new dungeons, NO other endings and so on. Just a better quality, like Front Mission.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
lol, so excited about just a clock
happy.gif

anyway, for those who want the clock as wallpaper, i figured it out!
step1: get the clock in screensaver format at http://narutrans.freehostia.com/ChronoTrigger.scr (right-click save as)
step2: place it in C:\windows\system32 (required for step4)
step3: download and install vital desktop from http://narutrans.freehostia.com/vd142.zip
step4: using VDconfig located in the vital desktop folder select chrono trigger
step5: activate vital desktop and configure it to your preferences
step6: enjoy your soundless chrono trigger DS clock.

S

ScuberSteve

JPH said:
Thug4L1f3 said:
lol it's kinda funny how DS > PSP game wise, sure PSP has a few gr8 games but look at all the great stuff on DS, some never released in English before. We got all the FFS, DQs, and now CT
biggrin.gif

btw word on the street is it's a straight port
frown.gif
(surely not right? Why bother with fancy flash pages etc. ? )
PSP can emulate Chrono Trigger perfectly yo
lecture.gif

I do hope it's not a direct port...that'd be really lame.

I'd be happy even if it WAS a direct port.
Then I get to beat it 20 times over like the first two times.

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll probably check it out. CT was pretty alright, but I had the original SNES version, then the PSX remake

Can't see buying it again. it wasn't as good as half of the FF or DQ games tho

SchuchWun

Trophies
Website
videogamehackers.ca
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
...The game is a port of the classic Super Nintendo RPG, modified to take advantage of the DS's dual-screen presentation and touch screen functionality. They'll also be spicing things up a bit with an entirely new dungeon for the DS version, as well as wireless multiplayer battles...

Oh sweet Jesus! I hope it doesn't suck....

Now we just need an exact date. That article says the holidays so at least I'll have time to finish FFIII, IV, and FFTA2 before playing this!!!!!!! I never finished the PSX remake.

Chronocross Rocked also i hope that comes soon also

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
all of you who are speculating about a NA release date... kotaku reporting i the link a few posts back that Square made it official and has said that Chrono Trigger DS is coming to North America this holiday season!

so stop asking now!

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone cares:

Here's the link to kotaku's writeup:
http://kotaku.com/5021416/square-enix-conf...rono-trigger-ds

And here's the official press release (copy/paste'd from kotaku, if you don't wanna clicky the linky:

----from kotaku----
CHRONO TRIGGER Returns! The Timeless Classic Teleports to Nintendo DS This Holiday Season

LOS ANGELES, CA USA
Journey Through Time with the RPG Masterpiece that Started It All

LOS ANGELES, July 2 /PRNewswire/ — Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix? interactive entertainment products in North America, announced today that it will release CHRONO TRIGGER® in North America this Holiday season. Remastered exclusively for Nintendo DS?, this marks the first time that the groundbreaking RPG will be available on a handheld console.

Originally released in 1995 on Super NES® and shipping more than 2.5 million copies worldwide, CHRONO TRIGGER has been hailed as one of the greatest games of all time by critics and fans alike. With a unique and multifaceted storyline, the game revolutionized the world of RPGs with
never-before-seen features, including an unprecedented soundtrack and multiple endings determined by side quests and the player's actions.

With artwork by famed manga artist Akira Toriyama and an unprecedented and inspiring musical score created by Yasunori Mitsuda, CHRONO TRIGGER represents the best-in-class of the video game world. This newly revamped edition maintains all of the game's original elements and spirit while
introducing the portability, dual-screen presentation and Touch-Screen functionality of Nintendo DS. Players will soon be able to rediscover the exhilarating RPG experience, breathtaking storyline and innovative gameplay in the palm of their hands.

STORY

When a newly developed teleportation device malfunctions at the Millennial Fair, young Crono must travel through time to rescue his misfortunate companion from an intricate web of past and present perils. The swashbuckling adventure that ensues soon unveils an evil force set to destroy the world, triggering Crono's race against time to change the course of history and bring about a brighter future.

FEATURES

— A masterpiece with an engaging and unparalleled storyline, leading to the discovery of multiple epic conclusions to a journey that transcends time

— An unprecedented and inspiring musical score created by Yasunori Mitsuda

— Intriguing battle system made possible by the unique combination of the Active Time Battle system and Tech skills

— Famed character designer Akira Toriyama lends his signature art style to create the vibrant world that has captivated gamers around the world

— Taking advantage of the Nintendo DS hardware, CHRONO TRIGGER makes its way onto the portable platform with all-new dual screen presentation and Touch-Screen functionality

— A brand new dungeon and a Wireless Play mode adds exciting new dimensions to this timeless classic
----/from kotaku----

Oh yea, I CAN'T WAIT! SOOO EXCITED!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zTei5RMhQ8