PoPoLoCrois
Gurumin
Kingdom Hearts BBS
Ys: The Oath in Felghana
Ys Seven
Tactics Ogre (SRPG)
Star Ocean: Second Evolution
Valkyria Chronicles II (SRPG)

I'd also add to that and throw in Star Ocean First Departure (The PSP remake) and Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions. The list continues to grow though if you look at PSOne classics too :)

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd also add to that and throw in Star Ocean First Departure (The PSP remake) and Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions. The list continues to grow though if you look at PSOne classics too :)

I left out FFT WoTL because of that initial statement TC made about Final Fantasy games....although it is indeed great.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I left out FFT WoTL because of that initial statement TC made about Final Fantasy games....although it is indeed great.

Oh, I just took his statement as having played a Main FF game, i guess it didn't really specify :)

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm currently playing Fate/Extra, which I find fun so far, but if you're not up for an awfuly lot of quite boring grinding you should keep away from it. But it's perfect for playing a little while watching TV.. XD

Other than that I recommend Persona 3, Persona 2 and Lunar Silver Star Harmony.

And What Did I Do To Deserve This My Lord and all it's sequels (the newest being No More Heroes No Heroes Allowed!) - which isn't really an RPG, but makes fun of RPGs and has some very awesome strategic gameplay.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
If you are happy to play some of them in Japanese then these would seem pretty awesome.
  • Black Rock Shooter the Game (Kind of a shooter with RPG elements)
  • Grand Knights History (Turn based and mix of something else)
  • Nendoroid Generations (Turn Based)
  • Queen's Blade Spiral Chaos (SRPG)
  • Queen's Gate Spiral Chaos (SRPG)
  • Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness (SRPG) [English]
  • DIsgaea (Dark Hero Days (SRPG) [English]
  • Fate / EXTRA (Turn based) [English]
  • Lord of Arcana [English]
  • Lord of Apocalypse

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
  • Black Rock Shooter the Game (Kind of a shooter with RPG elements)
  • Grand Knights History (Turn based and mix of something else)
both getting localized.
Awesome, is there any news if they're keeping the original voices?

Just curious, it doesn't matter much to me since I already have them both and slowly playing through them.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Black Rock Shooter will probably have dubs (it's NIS), Grand Knights History, not sure.
Ah okay, there will probably be an undub made of BRSTG after it'll be released anyway, atleast I hope. I'm used to a Japanese BRS anyway (been watching the anime and OVA)

I hope GKH doesn't since there isn't alot of voices, mostly grunts and small lines in Japanese.

defunct32

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Grand Knights History is in the air right now, supposedly to be released on the 21st Feb 2012 but it got pushed back w/o a date (TBA). I used to be really hyped up about it but I'm losing interest points as the days goes by.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Grand Knights History is in the air right now, supposedly to be released on the 21st Feb 2012 but it got pushed back w/o a date (TBA). I used to be really hyped up about it but I'm losing interest points as the days goes by.
Wow, can't believe it got pushed back but whatever. Its pretty fun anyway even if your understanding of what to do is limited.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah okay, there will probably be an undub made of BRSTG after it'll be released anyway, atleast I hope. I'm used to a Japanese BRS anyway (been watching the anime and OVA)

I hope GKH doesn't since there isn't alot of voices, mostly grunts and small lines in Japanese.

...What is this obsession with undubs? Undubs are only preferred if you actually understand spoken Japanese or the English voice acting is some horrendous that you'd rather listen to white noise when you read subtitles. Just throwing that out there.

Also FF Type-0 is getting localized (apparently), IDK if that was mentioned yet (tl;dr)

Reactions: 1 person

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

...What is this obsession with undubs? Undubs are only preferred if you actually understand spoken Japanese or the English voice acting is some horrendous that you'd rather listen to white noise when you read subtitles. Just throwing that out there.

Also FF Type-0 is getting localized (apparently), IDK if that was mentioned yet (tl;dr)
I've always liked the original Japanese voices. When a game has the option to switch between English and Japanese, I always choose Japanese, guess it's just a personal preference thing.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And What Did I Do To Deserve This My Lord and all it's sequels (the newest being No More Heroes!) - which isn't really an RPG, but makes fun of RPGs and has some very awesome strategic gameplay.

It's actually called No Heroes Allowed! No More Heroes is another game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: