RP2040 Tiny Clone (NO LED Debug Light)

supertaco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, i bought about 20 RP2040 Tiny from Ali. They were cheap. I wasn't aware that clones existed. So. The led is totally off. I'm programming them with 2.75, so, i've read on some forum that if i remove the resistor near to the led, the led its going to work. So, i did it with one of them, and voila. The light it's on. Even for programming.

So. I have one doubt. Doing this have a side effect? Negative side effect? Can damage the console? Does anyone known this solution??

So, any comment about this subject are very kindly appreciated.

Thanks.

2024_0725_143921_069.JPG

Last edited by supertaco,

bvang913

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i bought about 20 RP2040 Tiny from Ali. They were cheap. I wasn't aware that clones existed. So. The led is totally off. I'm programming them with 2.75, so, i've read on some forum that if i remove the resistor near to the led, the led its going to work. So, i did it with one of them, and voila. The light it's on. Even for programming.

So. I have one doubt. Doing this have a side effect? Negative side effect? Can damage the console? Does anyone known this solution??

So, any comment about this subject are very kindly appreciated.

Thanks.

View attachment 449234
Shouldn't have a problem. That's what I've been doing with the clones from a batch I bought.

Reactions: supertaco

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @T3GZdev, Welcome back to GBAtemp.