Hacking ROMs not recognized by Acekard

spontan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is more of an informational for people that got stuck in a boat like me. I used to not have paddles, but I have found some and wanted to spread the information because this drove me up the wall for a while until I hunted down the information. You might say, what a tard, this is simple, but I did not know it.

So I recently purchased a Acekard for my DS-lite. Next I found a place and downloaded around 27 gigs of DS ROMs to get started with.

When I copied some of these over to my games folder on the root of the SD card, then launched up AKAIO 1.8.1 and looked at the icon displayed, it showed just a grey icon of a DS. If I attempted to launch the game, it started to load then I got a white screen and had to manually boot the ds-lite.

After attempting to research this issue, I found no post really explaining why a perfectly good ROM is not really being recognized.

The first thing I came across was the ARM7.bin replacement. I attempted that but did not have any success. I thought it might be outdated, but it everywhere still so I suppose it has its purpose.

Now to the point....

I found a small article that says that some ROMs that do not work will work simply by unpacking them with dslazy or dsbuff then repackaging them.

This method worked for me. So if a ROM is not showing as recognized and has that DS grey logo by it and is not working, attempt to unpack it and repackage it with dslazy or dsbuff.

Now to those that have been around for a while, please forgive the ramblings of a noob sauce that just got into this hobby.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
alo123 said:
I was not saying it is wrong I just did not know there were that many games
Lol, what I don't get is, why not download maybe 4 GB's worth of games and if you feel like a diff game 2 weeks later, just download a new one or something like that.

@ShadowSoldier
I'm only 14 but I'd prob have to pay a few million (roughly how much I've downloaded worth) if I got caught for the movies and tv series I've downloaded. Plus they'd make me pay massive fines, lol, I don't even use any IP protection programs, I figure that if I did, they'd look and be like, "Hmm, this person has something to hide, lets crack the protection."

spontan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I did not know what I wanted so I got them all. None the less, I think you guys are missing the point. Just wanted to bring some attention to a way to solve some ROM problems.

I could not find much data on it.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
wtf.gif

Unpack the ROMs correcty

Put them in folders

That's it.

Nothing more is needed.

Tokyo Jihen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What are the file names? They should be .nds. Sorry if I'm just saying the obvious, but if it's the .nds and in a folder in the root of your card, maybe the Acekard is just defective?

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
What format are you getting your files from the internet? What are you doing with your files after you download them? What programs are you using on the files?

naruses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try this stuff:

1-Really, 27 gigs of Games?
blink.gif
, to save some space use NDSTokyoTrimm.You will problably save around 5 gigs.

2- Did you extract them with Winrar, Winzip, etc. And you get a file called romname.nds ?

3-If you get several random files when you extract the ROM and they are called like this file.rar.r00 or something extract the first part (r00) and you will get rom called romname.nds, use the .nds file.

4-Maybe check and uncheck all Cheats and settings, majorily Anti-Piracy.

5-Backup the files of your card and format it with the SD Association Formatter.

If non of these work you either got an defective acekard, a defective micro sd, or you just got some bad luck.

EDIT: 200th Post!!!!
toot.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1