Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Weekly Rominator Update
I know that updates aren't exactly weekly, but between work and health issues I've been less available.
Sorry about that, I'll try to keep up.
14 Additions and 3 Updates.

Release Notes
These are the changes since the weekly release uploaded on March 15, 2011:

03/26/2011

- Updated 4954 Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader - Game Time (U) to NukeThis Clean release
- Updated 5574 Radiant Historia (U) to iND Proper/Clean release
- Updated 5576 Naruto Shippuden - Naruto vs Sasuke (U) to iND Proper release
- Added 5613 Jeopardy! (U)
- Added 5614 Digimon Story - Super Xros Wars Blue (J)
- Added 5615 Digimon Story - Super Xros Wars Red (J)
- Added 5616 Hakuouki - Zuisouroku DS (J)
- Added 5617 Monster Tale (U)
- Added 5618 Naruto Shippuden - Shinobi Rumble (U)
- Added 5619 Kung Zhu (U)
- Added 5620 Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader - Back To School (DSi Enhanced) (U)
- Added 5621 Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (U)
- Added 5622 Barbie - Groom and Glam Pups (U)
- Added 5623 HOP - The Movie (E)
- Added 5624 Tobidase! Kagaku-kun Chikyuu Daitanken! Nazo no Chinkai Seibutsu ni Idome! (J)
- Added 5625 Powerful Golf (J)
- Added 5626 Rango (U)

DS.ROD (Latest):
http://filetrip.net/g51608-Rominator--ds-rod.html

Box Art (Latest):
http://filetrip.net/g25123100-Rominator-Boxart-update.html

kmihalj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
hmmm.... topic dead ?

I'm waiting for new update .... to add Lego SW ....
blink.gif

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kmihalj said:
hmmm.... topic dead ?

blink.gif
You are impatient. "Topic Dead?", really? This post hit me at the wrong time.
I guess you can't see all the posts I've done over the past several months and didn't read the part in the last update mentioning my work and health issues.

Perhaps I need to add some clarity so that I don't have to see posts like the one above, which come across as ungrateful for the time and effort that I voluntarily do for the users. Keep in mind, Rominator is not my program. I never made a dime from it. I don't even use it anymore as I stopped using a flash card months ago. This is something I do for those people who originally supported it, or have helped me make the data as clean as possible, or have expressed their appreciation.

Back to why I am not updating exactly every 7 days: I am a father of two that is working as a contractor to make ends meet while interviewing around the country for a permanent job. On top of that, I have been working and taking care of my kids while I am suffering from a hernia for the past 3 weeks (which I am having surgery for tomorrow). If under those circumstances, you have the free time to update the database, then I might just give it to you. Otherwise, please be patient.

Note: If you have a new ROM that isn't on the list. Rename it as close to what you think Rominator would, then add it. When the update comes, if you dumped it correctly (I assume you aren't pirating and then bitching at me about free database updates), then Rominator will recognize it and you can auto-rename and check CRC32.

Rant done. I will try to update tonight before I go into surgery tomorrow. If not, expect an update by the end of the weekend.

LobsterMts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Rascal said:
kmihalj said:
hmmm.... topic dead ?

blink.gif
I guess you can't see all the posts I've done over the past several months and didn't read the part in the last update mentioning my work and health issues.

Perhaps I need to add some clarity so that I don't have to see posts like the one above, which come across as ungrateful for the time and effort that I voluntarily do for the users. Keep in mind, Rominator is not my program. I never made a dime from it. I don't even use it anymore as I stopped using a flash card months ago. This is something I do for those people who originally supported it, or have helped me make the data as clean as possible, or have expressed their appreciation.

Back to why I am not updating exactly every 7 days: I am a father of two that is working as a contractor to make ends meet while interviewing around the country for a permanent job. On top of that, I have been working and taking care of my kids while I am suffering from a hernia for the past 3 weeks (which I am having surgery for tomorrow). If under those circumstances, you have the free time to update the database, then I might just give it to you. Otherwise, please be patient.

Note: If you have a new ROM that isn't on the list. Rename it as close to what you think Rominator would, then add it. When the update comes, if you dumped it correctly (I assume you aren't pirating and then bitching at me about free database updates), then Rominator will recognize it and you can auto-rename and check CRC32.

Rant done. I will try to update tonight before I go into surgery tomorrow. If not, expect an update by the end of the weekend.

Don't rush too much if its affecting your health, bro..:\

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LobsterMts said:
Rascal said:
kmihalj said:
hmmm.... topic dead ?

blink.gif

Don't rush too much if its affecting your health, bro..:\
Thanks. I appreciate your support.

kmihalj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Rascal said:

Sorry, ... I thought .... 10 days, no any post from anyone... it move to another topic or something else ....

Rascal said:
This is something I do for those people who originally supported it, or have helped me make the data as clean as possible, or have expressed their appreciation.

I know that is why I appreciate it, .... I like that CLEAN dumps which replace old ROMs info....

QUOTE(Rascal @ Apr 5 2011, 03:34 PM)

I know yours trouble (I have 3 kids, job) ..... I already added info into database myself, .... but I prefer correct numbering, and as I mention beafore, new info on Clean dumps (where do you get those infos ?)

.... I ofered hankchill year(s) ago to continue with automatic updates on my server, ... to fill database myself .... but no response ... I know what kind of job is it, ..... and Rominator must live ... since there is no other Mac OS X software for ROM organizing....

Get well !

PS. Sorry for "engrish"
cool.gif

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kmihalj said:
Rascal said:

Sorry, ... I thought .... 10 days, no any post from anyone... it move to another topic or something else ....

Rascal said:
This is something I do for those people who originally supported it, or have helped me make the data as clean as possible, or have expressed their appreciation.

I know that is why I appreciate it, .... I like that CLEAN dumps which replace old ROMs info....

QUOTE(Rascal @ Apr 5 2011, 03:34 PM)

I know yours trouble (I have 3 kids, job) ..... I already added info into database myself, .... but I prefer correct numbering, and as I mention beafore, new info on Clean dumps (where do you get those infos ?)

.... I ofered hankchill year(s) ago to continue with automatic updates on my server, ... to fill database myself .... but no response ... I know what kind of job is it, ..... and Rominator must live ... since there is no other Mac OS X software for ROM organizing....

Get well !

PS. Sorry for "engrish"
cool.gif
Thanks for your understanding. The thread has mostly been inactive except for my updates and a few corrections when the users catch mistakes, so I guess I can see why you thought it might be dead. After my surgery, I'll try to get back to the weekly updates :-)

BTW, I get my ROM info from a variety of public and private sources and I personally verify all ROM info before I add it to the DB.

Thanks again. Hope to post next update soon.

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Weekly Rominator Update
20 Additions and 2 Updates.
Next update in 7-10 days.

Release Notes
Surgery went well (according to the surgeon). I'm at home recovering and still in extreme pain, but I was able to manage to get this update out.
Sorry it took so long and I appreciate everyone's thoughts and understanding.
Also sorry for ranting earlier in the thread. I let a comment get to me when I was in pain and I over-reacted.

These are the changes since the weekly release uploaded on March 26, 2011:

04/07/2011

- Updated 5024 Smart Kid's Mega Game Mix to PLAYTHIS Clean Dump
- Updated 5044 The Princess and the Frog to NukeThis Clean Dump
- Added 5627 LEGO Star Wars III - The Clone Wars (E)
- Added 5628 Tron Evolution (DSi Enhanced) (U)
- Added 5629 Hugo - Magic in the Troll Woods (E)
- Added 5630 Logic Cubes (E)
- Added 5631 Hidden Object Show (E)
- Added 5632 Nanami no Oshiete English DS - Mezase TOEIC Master (J)
- Added 5633 Deer Drive (U)
- Added 5634 Scooby-Doo! And the Spooky Swamp (U)

04/08/2011

- Added 5635 Dragon Quest Monsters - Joker 2 Professional (J)
- Added 5636 Lost Identities (DSi Enhanced) (E)
- Added 5637 101-in-1 Megamix Sports (E)
- Added 5638 Der Fluch der Osterinsel (DSi Enhanced) (G)
- Added 5639 Witches & Vampires - Ghost Pirates of Ashburry (E)
- Added 5640 Emily the Strange (DSi Enhanced) (E)
- Added 5641 Chronicles of Mystery - The Secret Tree of Life (DSi Enhanced) (U)
- Added 5642 Witches and Vampires - The Secrets of Ashburry (U)
- Added 5643 Farmtopia (U)
- Added 5644 Megamind - The Blue Defender (U)
- Added 5645 Duke Nukem - Critical Mass (E)
- Added 5646 LEGO Star Wars III - The Clone Wars (U)

DS.ROD (Latest):

Box Art (Latest):

jaybird

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the update Rascal and don't worry about earlier. Just know your work is silently appreciated by more people than you realize.
bow.gif

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rominator Adhoc Update
5 Additions, 31 Updates and a major renumbering.

Renumbering Note
As mentioned in a previous update the US and EUR releases of Pokemon Black and White had the same internal names/numbers
and as I predicted one of them would end up being nuked. Since I can confirm the data for the SweeTnDs release to be a US
cart, I am going to mark it as a US release. So the US release of Pokemon Black & White will be release numbers 5584/5855.
The duplicate releases numbered 5593/5594 have been removed and everything else was renumbered accordingly. This not
only affects the database (DS.ROD), but the Box Art starting at 5584. You will need to download the Box Art labelled 5645-5649 plus fixes
to have the corrected Box Art from 5584-5649. This coincides with the renumbering done by DS-Scene.

Release Notes
These are the changes since the weekly release uploaded on April 8, 2011:

04/08/2011

- Added 5647 Yoshi's Island DS [v1.1] (U)

04/09/2011

- Added 5648 Hidden Mysteries - Buckingham Palace (U)
- Added 5649 Magical ZhuZhu Princess - Carriages & Castles (U)
- Added 5650 Wizards of Waverly Place - Spellbound (U)
- Added 5651 Sailor Moon - La Luna Splende (I)
- Massive Scene Renumbering due to the Pokemon B&W USA/EUR situation I mentioned a while back.
- Updated 5584/5585 Pokemon B&W (U) w/SweeTnDs as Release Group (good dump confirmed by me)
- Deleted 5593/5594 The duplicate entries
- Renumbered 5595-5651 to 5593-5649, including Box Art.
- Updated 3881 MySims - Racing to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 3894 Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen - Autobots to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 3927 WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 3938 Classic Word Games (DSi Enhanced) to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 4126 Up to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 4135 Aliens in the Attic to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 4198 Amazing Adventures - The Forgotten Ruins to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 4206 Wizards of Waverly Place to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 4214 MySims - Agents to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 4232 Scribblenauts to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 4242 World Championship Sports - Summer to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 4247 Puzzler World to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 4255 Drawn to Life - The Next Chapter to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 4268 Mario and Luigi - Bowser's Inside Story to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 4304 Dolphin Island - Underwater Adventures (DSi Enhanced) to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 4353 Hikari no 4 Senshi - Final Fantasy Gaiden to iND clean release
- Updated 4361 CSI Deadly Intent - The Hidden Cases to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 4377 C.O.P. The Recruit to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 4380 Girls Life - Fashion Addict (DSi Enhanced) to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 4383 Star Wars Battlefront - Elite Squadron to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 4415 Hasbro Family Game Night to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 4476 Agatha Christie - The ABC Murders to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 4480 Secret Saturdays, The - Beasts of the 5th Sun to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 4519 Flips - Artemis Fowl to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 4521 Flips - Faraway Tree Stories to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 4602 1912 - Titanic Mystery to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 4672 7 Wonders II to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 4898 Iron Man 2 to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 5090 OK! Puzzle Stars to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 5283 Legend of the Guardians - The Owls of Ga'Hoole to Wet 'N' Wild clean release
- Updated 5410 House M.D. to Wet 'N' Wild clean release

DS.ROD (Latest):

Box Art (Latest):

phoenix1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok after findin this utility totaly by accident, i thought i'd give it a go..... conclusion: LOVE IT!!! makes life a lot simpler.
now just a few minor things to mention: most people when they go to download anything, they usualy go for the latest version, as i did with rominator, i downloaded the 2008.20 version, then i found the ds.rod file i needed, then i downloaded the 1st of the boxart folders, now heres where i hit a snag.... the directions on the boxart download page says to put the files into the NDS Box Art folder, unfortunately with the 2008.20 version u DONT get the necessary files n folders in the download... maybe this could be rectified.... i worked it out in the end, after i downloaded the 5.0 version which came with everythin that was needed, i just overwrote the 5.0 .exe file with the 2008.20 .exe file, so my suggestion is maybe the necessary files n folders could be put in with the 2008.20 download to avoid any confusion, as this may put people off from givin it a fair trial OR make a note in the directions that it is just an update and that the 5.0 version must 1st be downloaded. Or maybe you could implement these suggestions in the new version, which after looking all the way through this thread i see no update since November 2010 as to where u guys are at with the project. Hopefully you would be kind enough to shed some light?

But GREAT JOB with the updates so far
biggrin.gif

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Weekly Rominator Update
9 Additions, 5 Updates and 1 Correction

Release Notes
These are the changes since the adhoc release uploaded on April 9, 2011:

04/09/2011

- Corrected 5648 Wizards of Waverly Place - Spellbound (U) to be (E)
- Added 5650 Dungeon Raiders (U)
- Added 5651 Wizards of Waverly Place - Spellbound (U)

04/15/2011

- Updated 3928 Eindeloos Patience (N) to DDumpers clean release
- Updated 5497 Backgammon (N) to DDumpers clean release
- Updated 5526 Emergency 2012 (G) to ABSTRAKT official scene release
- Updated 5551 7 Wonders II (E) to DDumpers clean release
- Updated 5569 Jewel Quest Mysteries (E) to DDumpers clean release
- Added 5652 Lingo Voor Kinderen (N)
- Added 5653 Johnny Test (U)
- Added 5654 Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue (U)
- Added 5655 Rio (DSi Enhanced) (E)
- Added 5656 Diddl in the Cheesecakeland (E)
- Added 5657 Emergency Kids (G)
- Added 5658 Jewel Master - Cradle of Egypt, Mahjongg - Ancient Egypt (E)

DS.ROD (Latest):

Box Art (Latest):

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Weekly Rominator Update
19 Additions and 1 Update

Release Notes
Sorry for the delay, been busy. Thanks for 1) not complaining and 2) your understanding and support.
These are the changes since the "Weekly" release uploaded on April 16, 2011:

05/02/2011

- Updated 4865 Zhu Zhu Pets (U) to iND clean release
- Added 5659 Cosmetic Paradise - Princess Life (DSi Enhanced) (J)
- Added 5660 Akogare Girls Collection - Mister Donut DS (J)
- Added 5661 LEGO Battles - Ninjago (U)
- Added 5662 LEGO Ninjago - The Videogame (E)
- Added 5663 Style Lab - Fashion Design (U)
- Added 5664 Midnight Mysteries - The Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy (U)
- Added 5665 Spiegel Online - Allgemeinwissen (G)
- Added 5666 Hollywood Files - Deadly Intrigues (E)
- Added 5667 Josefine Skolehjelp – Engelsk - Mystery in London (Nor)
- Added 5668 Sofie - Josefines Lillesøster - Hønseføtter og Gulerøtter (Nor)
- Added 5669 Battle & Get! Pokémon Typing DS (J)
- Added 5670 TrackMania Turbo (U)
- Added 5671 100 Classic Games (E)
- Added 5672 Minute to Win It (U)
- Added 5673 Mystery Tales - Time Travel (U)
- Added 5674 Sesame Street - Cookie’s Counting Carnival (U)
- Added 5675 ATV Quad Kings (E)
- Added 5676 Petz - Catz Playground (U)
- Added 5677 Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of Osborne House (U)

DS.ROD (Latest):

Box Art (Latest):

phoenix1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Better late than never, Thanx
smileipb2.png

is there any chance that screen shots could be added? or is that just not possible with this programme?

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
phoenix1234 said:
Better late than never, Thanx
smileipb2.png

is there any chance that screen shots could be added? or is that just not possible with this programme?
I'm not sure that it is capable of screenshots. I'll take a look. If not, I'll recommend it to Hank for the possible next version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: +1