Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Up to this point I've stayed away from ROM trimming just by the rumors I've heard. Since the space on my microSD is running low, I want to start looking into it. I've heard people say that trimming ROMs makes them lose download play, WiFi, and other things. Is this true? Also, is there some sort of compatibility list anywhere? Lastly, what's the best program to trim ROMs? Thanks in advance.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You do not lose any of those functions if your rom is trimmed properly.

As for rom-trimming application I'd gladly recommend NDSTokyoTrim as it's the best rom-trimmer I've encountered so far.

Dizzy Doom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've played and completed 2 trimmed games with no problems. The rest of my games haven't given any problem so far, and I don't spect them to fail.
Anyway, the problems you mention were caused because trimming removed blank/garbage space (and whiped all the WiFi data, too). Now it's fixed and trims just the necesary, I think. NDSTokyoTrim is the best out there for trimming (will only take like 5-10 secs)

Chaykin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I use RToolDS for ROM trimming, backuping of saves, ROM management etc. I'm using only trimmed ROMs on my Acekard 2.1 and I never had any problems. I recommend ROM trimming to everyone. :-) Extra space on the microSD is always good. ;-) Even if you have a big one.

moodswinger

Trophies
XP
Country
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
Just to clarify, will this work for all ROMs? Usually with things similar to these there's at least one or two games that it won't work for (usually more). Are there any ROMs that I shouldn't patch?

It should work for all roms with blank spaces. and by patch, do you mean trim? Anyways, just use ndstokyotrim and you'll be ok. I've trimmed all of my roms and none of them had any problem. Just drag and drop and it'll trim your roms in just a couple of seconds depending on how many roms you are trimming.

Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
moodswinger said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
Just to clarify, will this work for all ROMs? Usually with things similar to these there's at least one or two games that it won't work for (usually more). Are there any ROMs that I shouldn't patch?

It should work for all roms with blank spaces. and by patch, do you mean trim? Anyways, just use ndstokyotrim and you'll be ok. I've trimmed all of my roms and none of them had any problem. Just drag and drop and it'll trim your roms in just a couple of seconds depending on how many roms you are trimming.
Yeah I meant trim. Just typed that word without thinking about it I guess
tongue.gif
. Anyways thanks for all the help. My game are working great trimmed!

5thdimension

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used DSClippers quite a while ago, they it seemed to do the job, but this was with my old M3 Simply. Very easy to use aswell.

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I`d like to add on a new question here. Compared to the PC trimmer programs, do the trimmers built into the flashcarts work fine(In my case I have Acekard2i with AKAIO). did any1 have any problems with the onboard trimmer?

Big Green

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NDSTokyoTrim is good, as long as youdon'ttrim patched games. My English Patched(and pretrimmed) JUS was turned into a 693 kb file. It completely destoyed it. I lolled. I didn't like the game anyway but this is just a heads up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"