rom site shut down

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
Damn I loved that site. You can get ROMs anywhere. But I really liked Romulation. Nice RSS feed, no bullshit, easy to browse and had a nice collection of PS1, Saturn, etc games.

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love these little pirate rants that some people go on, talking about how downloading ROMs actually improves sales/helps the industry. That's a huge load of bullcrap. I would bet dollars to donuts that people who actually do download ROMs for evaluation purposes are few and far between.

I am a pirate. I don't download for "evaluation purposes". I don't download because I'm poor or I have some ax to grind with the various industries or because I think content sucks. I download because I don't want to pay.

oushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow... I can't believe they're complaining about getting taken down and then trying to justify their pirating as some sort of "rebellion." The majority of flash cart owners don't download roms because crap games are getting pumped out and they want to protest. They do it because they're cheap asses. That's why all the good games will continue to be downloaded and not purchased.

I'm guessing a big reason they got taken down is because of their purchasing points and premium membership thing. No better way to get your ass in hot water than to get people to pay you for providing pirated software. Then, they have the audacity to try to strike up a pretty lame business deal and offer to sell their domain.

It sucks that people have lost a place to get their roms, but everyone bitching about Nintendo needs to get their heads out of their asses. How can you blame them for trying to stop blatant pirating of their merchandise and protecting their business' interests?

ZeminkoX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fuck, unlucky.
frown.gif

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Bullshit drivel. That was a DDL site. And I bet it was infested with Google- and various Layer Ads, like all of them are. Who are they trying to kid?

striderx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... The majority of flash cart owners don't download roms because crap games are getting pumped out and they want to protest. They do it because they're cheap asses. That's why all the good games will continue to be downloaded and not purchased.

Many use flash carts so they don't have to haul around and risk losing dozens of retail carts when we take our DS's out of the house. The convenience factor is huge. And it's really the only way of making a backup for your cartridge purchase (using ROM's and flash carts that is, not necessarily ROMs from pirate sites. You can always dump your own.) Oh and yeah, it does sidestep buying multiple copies for multiple users. But regardless, I've got several shoeboxes full of GBC, GBA and DS retail carts.

Those ROM's act as extended demos before going out and buying retail copies of the cart if it's liked.

I'm guessing a big reason they got taken down is because of their purchasing points and premium membership thing. No better way to get your ass in hot water than to get people to pay you for providing pirated software. Then, they have the audacity to try to strike up a pretty lame business deal and offer to sell their domain.

No argument there...

striders

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
lol a rom site that charges to download
they got exactly wot they deserved

Lets hope d**** gets the same.
I know guys who mail about the site daily lol. They got gbasaves shutdown once at the same time as themselves as it was alleged we hosted ROMs 'secretly' on the back of the GBASaves server.
Any site that takes money for downloads, whether to pay for server costs or bandwidth should be ashamed, and closed for good.
Their little rant to Nintendo is hilarious.

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
I know! How about looking into PSP? Games for it can be difficult to find on torrents, and I've seen websites that allow requests for DS ROMs on external sites (which uses little or no bandwidth of your own) yet not PSP.

i know a website to download psp games on torrent, if u want i can pm you.
yaypsp.gif

anyway sorry for u guys that use that site but i dont care because i have 2 website where i can download ds roms.
grog.gif
yaynds.gif

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol a rom site that charges to download
they got exactly wot they deserved

Lets hope d**** gets the same.
I know guys who mail about the site daily lol. They got gbasaves shutdown once at the same time as themselves as it was alleged we hosted ROMs 'secretly' on the back of the GBASaves server.
Any site that takes money for downloads, whether to pay for server costs or bandwidth should be ashamed, and closed for good.
Their little rant to Nintendo is hilarious.

The rant might be a bit stupid but you didn't have to donate to download anything. What's wrong with taking donations for server costs and bandwidth? You're getting a service for free and you can donate if you want, sounds pretty good to me.

oushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... The majority of flash cart owners don't download roms because crap games are getting pumped out and they want to protest. They do it because they're cheap asses. That's why all the good games will continue to be downloaded and not purchased.

Many use flash carts so they don't have to haul around and risk losing dozens of retail carts when we take our DS's out of the house. The convenience factor is huge. And it's really the only way of making a backup for your cartridge purchase (using ROM's and flash carts that is, not necessarily ROMs from pirate sites. You can always dump your own.) Oh and yeah, it does sidestep buying multiple copies for multiple users. But regardless, I've got several shoeboxes full of GBC, GBA and DS retail carts.

Those ROM's act as extended demos before going out and buying retail copies of the cart if it's liked.

That's why I made sure to say "the majority of flash cart owners." Some may use it legitimately... but you have to agree it's incredibly naive to think that even they haven't, at some point, downloaded some roms and played through them without purchasing the cart.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FFQ_g8OoQM&list=RD8FFQ_g8OoQM&start_radio=1