KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
OP
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
It seems my computer has been infected with some sort of rogue antivirus called Antivirus 2010. It's bugging me so I really need to take it off.

Here's what happens:
1. I boot my computer and when it loads up, it reverts to the default theme, a black background and something stuck to it that says "Your System is Infected! System has been stopped due to a serious malfunction. Spyware Activity has been detected. It is recommended to use spyware removal tool to prevent data loss. Do not run any applications before all spyware remove."
2. A popup says if I want to scan so I click no, but it still pops up anyway, some weird antivirus 2010 program, and then I close it.
3. I immediately look at Panda antivirus, but it says it's safe (I know Panda's not the best, but I have difficulty in pirating keys with other AV's).
4. Then I scan with Malwarebytes. I chose a full scan and then after 10 seconds it closes. I click it again and it says I can't access it either.
5. I look for any weird processes in task manager but I couldn't find anything.

Someone help?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Grab ComboFix (download).

Try putting your PC in Safe Mode (it won't probably work, though) and run it from there. Otherwise, just run ComboFix as quick as your PC starts (it has to be before Antivirus 2010 kicks in!) and let it do its magic
wink.gif

If something doesn't go right, also give a look at Rydian's awesome Malware removing guide, which is a sticky in this same section
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk