ROG Ally Emulation Help - VBA

Castiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello! I just purchased the ROG Ally and the first thing I did was download VisualBoy Advance and the Pokemon Yellow ROM. When starting it up in GameBoy Color mode the game turns on and the "A" button works until I start the game. Once Professor Oaks first line of dialogue comes up no buttons progress it any further... It just gets stuck there. Is there anyone who has downloaded the Visual boy Advance emulator that can help me set it up properly to work with my ROG Ally?

Thank you in advance!

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sounds to me more like a broken rom let me guess ithe textbox just hang what about the music does it play normaly?
and does this happen with other games too or just yellow?

u could also try different emulators like gambatte
and afaik vba isnt worked on anymore only vba m and vba next

Castiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sounds to me more like a broken rom let me guess ithe textbox just hang what about the music does it play normaly?
and does this happen with other games too or just yellow?

u could also try different emulators like gambatte
and afaik vba isnt worked on anymore only vba m and vba next
You know, this all actually makes sense. It's been a while since I've been in the emulation game and need to return to the basics. The text box is frozen but the music keeps playing. Could very well be a broken ROM.

Last time I tried to emulate a GBA game was back when VBA was still the best around. Sounds like that isn't the case anymore?

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You know, this all actually makes sense. It's been a while since I've been in the emulation game and need to return to the basics. The text box is frozen but the music keeps playing. Could very well be a broken ROM.

Last time I tried to emulate a GBA game was back when VBA was still the best around. Sounds like that isn't the case anymore?
how about u take a look on emudeck it will setup everything for you just to give u an easier entrance back in the emulation game and its also ally compatible

to be 100% sure the rom aint a bad dump u could check the crc signature u would find the crc to compare to on no-intro

Reactions: ZeroT21

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would recommend mGBA if you need a modern GBA emulator. If you do want to stick with VBA though I’d try remapping the controls just to make sure nothing is askew there, and double check the game file is good as recommended above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto