• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Roe V Wade has been repealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. You can stop there, the answer is “yes”. The rest was just projection and an imaginary scenario, proposed by you, not me.
Says the guy who views slavery as "needed, but they totally only did it for a while while they cursed their own misfortunes and it got fixed eventually so its fine" earlier. Your values are twisted up a bit there, good sir, and I do not believe

In the US, sure you can. If it is not a black powder weapon, it must be registered with the BATFE, and a $200 transfer tax paid on the “Destructive Device”. Each round of ammo with an explosive warhead must also be registered, and tax paid.
And American Values on display continues~

I dont know about other towns but where i live muder rate is almost 0. Of course i live in a respectable, law abiding, red state. Not one of those democratically ran, criminals have more rights than victims, blue city's.
Actually, if you adjust per capita, most violent gun crimes are committed in blue cities like Springfield Missouri or Anniston Alabama. This gets even worse if you go by state, at which point Alaska starts pulling ahead while New York and California are near the bottom of the list. Thanks for playing, please try again.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shall we just ignore the fact that Glasgow has the highest population of anywhere in Scotland so kinda stands to reason crime rates would be higher. Also the highest reported crime was for fraud so not sure how a gun stops someone hacking your bank account.

Or also the fact that crime is the lowest in Scotland that it has been since 1973.

Also a nice little read for anyone interested.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...167e68-6e02-4795-92f8-adb1020b7434_story.html
Well good. America could use a little of that tough love on their criminals. Our justice system is a joke. Got a guy that works with me. Had an ankle bracelet on for multiple felonies that should of had him in jail already. He is now awaiting trail on 7 different accounts of drug use, violence, and breaking parole. They cut his monitoring device off and is currently awaiting trial that will probably take years as he keeps doing the same thing. Some people should be put down for the good of the country and he is one of those. Sometimes you just have to let the horse drown

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FYI since you aren't from the US. The Washington Post is owned by Jeff Bezos (Amazon) and is considered a joke and not really better than the UK's Daily Mail in reputation.
Perhaps but in the report that i linked to all they have done is explain VRU and how it has massively reduced crime rates in my home town. Facts that are easily found elsewhere on the net.

Well good. America could use a little of that tough love on their criminals. Our justice system is a joke. Got a guy that works with me. Had an ankle bracelet on for multiple felonies that should of had him in jail already. He is now awaiting trail on 7 different accounts of drug use, violence, and breaking parole. They cut his monitoring device off and is currently awaiting trial that will probably take years as he keeps doing the same thing. Some people should be put down for the good of the country and he is one of those. Sometimes you just have to let the horse drown
100% agree other countries should have their own version of VRU because it works.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI since you aren't from the US. The Washington Post is owned by Jeff Bezos (Amazon) and is considered a joke and not really better than the UK's Daily Mail in reputation.
Correction, it was a company purchased by Jeff Bezos and remains mostly autonomous from his direct reach... unless it directly hurts his interests, perhaps, but for articles like that, it is perfectly valid. Do you have some reason to automatically disregard the article? Some facts to the contrary, perhaps?

Also, for your pleasure.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/739442/washington-post-credibility-usa/

Or, hear me out, maybe... maybe we could look into ways to not euthanize people you don't like.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps but in the report that i linked too all they have done is explain VRU and how it has massively reduced crime rates in my home town. Facts that are easily found elsewhere on the net.

100% agree other countries should have their own version of VRU because it works.
That was a good read even if it was from the washington post. Facts are facts and some people cant accept them just cause of where they come from...hint hint @SScorpio

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or, hear me out, maybe... maybe we could look into ways to not euthanize people you don't like.
Wait wait wait....just caught this part isnt this whole thread about being legally allowed to euthanize people (in this case future people) you dont like or want.

• Haha
Reactions: MariArch

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait wait wait....just caught this part isnt this whole thread about being legally allowed to euthanize people (in this case future people) you dont like or want.
That is clever! Wait, no... fetuses aren't people, but the women who have been killed in the past and will die going forward are a tragedy and you're a monster, my bad. Got confused for a second. :rolleyes:

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
That was a good read even if it was from the washington post. Facts are facts and some people cant accept them just cause of where they come from...hint hint @SScorpio
It was a puff piece about a criminal that was rehabilitated and is now working in a food truck. In the US I to have been served food by people with prison tattoos. But I haven't read any articles about those success stories.

MariArch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is clever! Wait, no... fetuses aren't people, but the women who have been killed in the past and will die going forward are a tragedy and you're a monster, my bad. Got confused for a second. :rolleyes:
I'll save ya'll the trouble of arguing:

we go into this whole argument about when life begins and you say you know and he says he know and you say we should be able to kill it and he says we should protect it and yada yada. we circle around in another argument that sways noone.

The end.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll save ya'll the trouble of arguing:

we go into this whole argument about when life begins and you say you know and he says he know and you say we should be able to kill it and he says we should protect it and yada yada. we circle around in another argument that sways noone.

The end.
Y'know, you aren't wrong. About the argument, that is, not when life begins nor the value of the life of the woman who has to weigh out the values and consequences of an abortion on their body. Now with added regional legal penalties as perscribed by an old theocratic white male majority!

IMO this kind of thing makes a very convincing case for switching partner preferences. At least if two women get married, they don't have to worry about family planning being an issu-oh wait, the supreme court is looking at reevaluating gay marriage, too? :glare:

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
Republican senator asking for segregation to come back.
Fucking horrible people.

Attachments

• 20220625_195523.jpg
    20220625_195523.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 12

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Republican senator asking for segregation to come back.
Fucking horrible people.

I don't like Cornryn, but to be fair that wasn't his point. He was trying to show that just because the Supreme Court "reversed nearly 50 years of precedent" doesn't mean they were wrong to do so. Plessy v. Ferguson, from 1896, upheld segregation laws. Brown v. Board of Education from 1954 ended racial segregation in US public schools.

MariArch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Corbyn is making a point. But don't worry he won't get re-elected in 2026 after signing on too the gun control bill while being a senator from Texas.
This. Corbyn has long been a softie on giving his consituents rights away, specifically guns. The fact that him and his colleaugues decided to give Biden a foot in the door to chip away at our rights should be damning enough to primary that joker and all his buddies next election cycle

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait wait you got the wrong idea of me.

1. Fetuses turn into people we can all agree on that.

2. I 100% believe a womans body is her choice.

3. I think the democrats wanted/needed this in order to drum up votes due to their rediculous handling of inflation and gas prices (lets not forget the out of control crime rate in their cities). If they didnt they had ample time to introduce a bill to ratifying the constitution to make abortion a protected right when the decision was leaked months ago. Instead they waited to use it to get votes. They 100% sat there and waited instead of trying to prevent it.

4. The supreme court is not there to say what should be in the constitution but to enforce the right already writen within it. No matter how you look at it this FACT will always remain true. It is why they are there. Not to make laws and radifications to the constitution but to judge on what is written.

Democrats want you to think the supreme court took away your right but they wont explain why they didnt immediately try and amended the constitution instead of using an obvious overreached judgement made decades ago. Plenty of time to actually add it into law.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait wait you got the wrong idea of me.

1. Fetuses turn into people we can all agree on that.

2. I 100% believe a womans body is her choice.

3. I think the democrats wanted/needed this in order to drum up votes due to their rediculous handling of inflation and gas prices. If they didnt they had ample time to introduce a bill to ratifying the constitution to make abortion a protected right when the decision was leaked months ago. Instead they waited to use it to get votes. They 100% sat there and waited instead of trying to prevent it.

4. The supreme court is not there to say what should be in the constitution but to enforce the right already writen within it. No matter how you look at it this FACT will always remain true. It is why they are there. Not to make laws and radifications to the constitution but to judge on what is written.

Democrats want you to think the supreme court took away your right but they wont explain why they didnt immediately try and amended the constitution instead of using an obvious overreached judgement made decades ago. Plenty of time to actually add it into law.
1. Fetuses TURN INTO PEOPLE, sure, but they aren't there yet.

2. It is, but this always makes it sound a bit misleading. It isn't like women get abortions because of some kind of pride or political motive, it is an EXTREMELY taxing decision with very potent consequences either way. Just like to keep this point clear whenever possible, since some people act like abortions are lazy lady birth control for some reason...

3. All things considered, I don't blame democrats for gas companies exploiting demand without repercussions. That has been going on since as long as any of us have been alive, and is more a fault on capitalism than anything. That being said, you aren't completely wrong about their dropping the ball on this particular issue, they are not stalwart allies in this endeavor... but they also didn't play any hand in making this occurrence a reality. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, as a result.

4. The supreme court is made up of people who selectively interprit law and set down precident as per their own biases... or in this case, overturn it despite leading people to believe they wouldn't. Specifically on this point. When asked repeatedly. While being broadcast to the population of the country they're supposed to represent. Making an amendment usually requires wars and/or riots and mass protest, like with women's voting rights and the end of slavery, so Dems get a pinch of leeway there (and only a pinch).

Don't gaslight me, comrade, this is an attack from the right. Even if the Dems didn't defend the people's rights as well as they should have, they also didn't throw out the betrayal to begin with.

Last edited by Dakitten,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum