• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Roe V Wade has been repealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I don't think they should violate a person's bodily autonomy rights. Is that clear enough? It's not happening anyway so the point is moot.
If you don't think the state should be able to violate a person's bodily autonomy, then you are against state abortion bans.

I took the vaccine and I was fine, my friend took the vaccine and the next day vomited blood
There is no evidence I am aware of that the COVID vaccines cause "vomiting blood."

so lemme ask you this, what are you mad at then? lets say for the sake of argument you go out somewhere, MRNA'd to the tits and you pass someone and somehow, we have no idea how since covid is magic, they get sick and die, is that on you? should there be hatred toward you? why is it that conformity is rewarded with a free ride?
If a person does everything a reasonable person would do to prevent the spread of COVID, then no, they should not feel bad if they contract it and give it to someone else. If a person acts recklessly (not getting vaccinated, going out in public with symptoms, etc.), then they should feel bad if they give it to someone.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's doing fine now but he was sick for almost a month after he took the Pfizer one I think it was, but it shows the vaccine isn't as 'flawless' as some people say it is

glad to hear your friend is ok (though long term who knows) but this is the ultimate form of irony, because people like this will say " well yea of course no treatment is safe" and ignore the people who have died or been injured by the vaccine, its collateral damage to that person because it lines up with their ideals, but when someone goes against what CNN tells them, they are are the problem. This person could be responsible for more covid deaths than an unvaccinated person but because he has a piece of paper saying he's special, he just blindly claims everyone else is the problem.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't think the state should be able to violate a person's bodily autonomy, then you are against state abortion bans.

There is no evidence I am aware of that the COVID vaccines cause "vomiting blood."

If a person does everything a reasonable person would do to prevent the spread of COVID, then no, they should not feel bad if they contract it and give it to someone else. If a person acts recklessly (not getting vaccinated, going out in public with symptoms, etc.), then they should feel bad if they give it to someone.

so then you are fine if someone dies from covid even if you got the magic needle?

Deleted member 546149

Trophies
XP

Isn't it a coincidence this happended literally like a day after?

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not fine with it, but as long as I acted responsibly, I wouldn't beat myself up over it. Do you have a point?

I'm just trying to see how far this rabbit hole goes, you admitted that you wouldn't "beat yourself up" over someone that died, because you" acted responsibly, what difference does it make? you can always be more responsible, always.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't it a coincidence this happended literally like a day after?
When millions of people get vaccinated in a country, coincidences happen. The way to know if a side effect was the result of the vaccine is to look and see if incidents of things increased compared to before COVID and the vaccine. Incidents of "vomiting blood" did not increase compared to previous years.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just trying to see how far this rabbit hole goes, you admitted that you wouldn't "beat yourself up" over someone that died, because you" acted responsibly, what difference does it make? you can always be more responsible, always.
I really don't see your point. If I didn't intend to get someone sick, and if I acted responsibly so that I minimized the risk of someone getting sick, I'm not responsible.

Deleted member 546149

Trophies
XP
When millions of people get vaccinated in a country, coincidences happen. The way to know if a side effect was the result of the vaccine is to look and see if incidents of things increased compared to before COVID and the vaccine. Incidents of "vomiting blood" did not increase compared to previous years.
Well 1 in a million could happen, not to sound paranoid or anything but this does happen to people and new doesn't report everything
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/covid-jab-death-blood-clot-jack-last-b2112982.html
Take a look at this, another coincidence?

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I don't think they should violate a person's bodily autonomy rights.

WHAT!?

To libs and people like you, you already think murder is legal when it suits your narrative ;)

Aren't you for the death penalty?

Up my ass, where else? Just by reading the numerous posts in this thread alone you made.

Is it up your ass because you won't abort it?

Other way around as per usual. You don't have shit but propaganda that you can gladly shove it up your ass.

Just because you like propaganda up your ass (see above) doesn't mean the rest of the class likes it.

But no, I jest.

Hey listen, that was about like, Republicans winning wars and movements and stuff. If I'm having a hard time coming up with some, and you're having a hard time coming up with some, and one else here thought of one enough to interject, then there probably not many. Tell you what. Remind me later tomorrow night (EST) and maybe we'll look some up together? Maybe I can help you PowerPoint them.

Once again, endless projection from a NPC liberal mouthpiece completely devoid on their own identity.

"I know you are but what am I?"

Wait, I think I used that one.

"I'm rubber and you're glue, everything you say bounces off of me and sticks to you"

Go outside and see the support for this decision. Hell, you can see it online in most places. The problem is, with most, is that you don't want to. You don't value human life, at all. Be it any stage in a persons life cycle. If it were up to people like you, the human race would die.

I've lived in a deeply red state for over a decade and I've seen more prophets of God in the streets than anything pro whatever dehumanization technique Republicans support next, including pro lifers. Sure, that's just me and there's 49 other states out there and I'm certainly not implying that every state is exactly the same, but that's why my first sentence was "I've yet to see...".

If it was up to me? Not really. Not the whole human race. Just those that dehumanize others.

No rights are being taken away. Get over it.

Babies don't have the right to life. Get over it.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't see your point. If I didn't intend to get someone sick, and if I acted responsibly so that I minimized the risk of someone getting sick, I'm not responsible.

well great, i dont intend to get someone sick, and i can be totally responsible by washing my hands ( even though that doesnt work) and wearing a mask ( even though that also doesnt work) and there shouldnt be any problem right? that was the whole point, and since it doesnt stop or reduce spread, the vaccine is only really helping me, so with what im doing, im actually being more responsible.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well 1 in a million could happen, not to sound paranoid or anything but this does happen to people and new doesn't report everything
We've had enough vaccinations to clearly see "one in a million" side effects pop up in the data.

We've known for a long time that there's a very rare clotting side effect with the viral vector vaccines (not the mRNA ones).

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well great, i dont intend to get someone sick, and i can be totally responsible by washing my hands ( even though that doesnt work) and wearing a mask ( even though that also doesnt work) and there shouldnt be any problem right? that was the whole point, and since it doesnt stop or reduce spread, the vaccine is only really helping me, so with what im doing, im actually being more responsible.
If you aren't vaccinated, you aren't acting to the best of your ability to minimize the risk of infecting others.

What does this have to do with Roe?

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you aren't vaccinated, you aren't acting to the best of your ability to minimize the risk of infecting others.

What does this have to do with Roe?

well if you arent responsible with sex, and you get pregnant, you arent doing everything with your power to minmize pregnancy

btw no amount of shots will reduce transmission, by the way.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if you arent responsible with sex, and you get pregnant, you arent doing everything with your power to minmize pregnancy
Contraception is not 100% effective. Contraception is not equally accessible by all Americans. Right wing politicians work to make contraception and education about contraception difficult to get.

Whether or not a woman uses contraception is also irrelevant to whether or not she should have a right to bodily autonomy. Sex, responsible or not, isn't necessarily consent to get or stay pregnant.

Do you believe the state should be able to violate a person's bodily autonomy?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want me to respond to a point, actually make it. I clicked your last link, but unless it's a source to backup something you actually said, I'm not interested in having a conversation with myself.

btw no amount of shots will reduce transmission, by the way.
The vaccine reduces one's risk of getting infected, which means you've reduced the risk of getting someone else sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o