Rocket League is going free to play, leaving Steam

oKfr55z.png

Harkening back to the days when Rocket League found its audience as a free PlayStation Plus title, the game is going to be free, permanently. Rocket League is making the move to free to play this summer, following a large content update and a release on the Epic Games Store. The game will be getting a menu revamp, while also improving the way in-game tournaments work, and adding crossplay for the new EGS version. If you've previously bought the game and played online at least once, you'll be "rewarded" with a few perks in the form of in-game items. All DLC will be unlocked for you, you'll get a custom player title that shows the year you first played the game, over 200 items you can equip on your car that will now be considered "legacy" cosmetics, a player banner, and a special boost and wheels. All of those items will be given once Rocket League makes the switch to free to play sometime this summer.

However, the game will be leaving Steam. Those who already own it there will continue to be able to play it there, but new players on PC will have to get it via Epic.

Once Rocket League goes free to play, anyone who already owns Rocket League on any platform (including Steam) will be able to play and enjoy the game with full support for future updates and features. However, the Steam version will no longer be available to download for new players. To put it simply, wherever you play now (including Steam), you'll still be able to play in the future.

:arrow: Source

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually heavily promote Epic Games Store. However, this time I agree with you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I like your post, except the last paragraph. You do indeed have to buy a license to use Microsoft's Windows 10.

Um no you dont. IM running windows 10 enterprise on a desktop and i did not buy a license. Its called kms activation...

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
activation (with crackers like kms) is completely useless and can open security breaches in the system. You can use Windows 10 fine without any activation indefinitely, just some features are locked out like customization, file sharing and remote assistance and a watermark appears on the screen.

It is not like old versions of Windows which after 30 days the system stops working.

Last edited by Codemastershock,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...