Rockbot v.01 BETA-6

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Another World, Jul 22, 2010.

Jul 22, 2010

Rockbot v.01 BETA-6 by Another World at 3:50 AM (996 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    Rockbot v.01 BETA-6
    Update
    [​IMG]

Rockbot is a multi-platform game strongly influenced by MegaMan. Please check below for more information.

[​IMG] Off-site Download(s) 
    [​IMG] Project Post
    [​IMG] Source

2. monkat

Banned monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

United States
    Oh awesome - I downloaded it when before reading the changelog and was confused as to why every level was the same and went to the same boss xD! Also why I couldn't die xD!

Even in beta stages I didn't think it was this early [​IMG] - isn't it more like an alpha, then beta when it's mostly bug fixing and feature adding (like a health bar, not being able to lose)?

3. protomank

Newcomer protomank Newbie

Brazil
    No, usually alpha are closed tests (meaning only the developers get their hands on it), beta means you are still adding features to it and finally release candidates are for bug-fixing only (and some missing featurs can still make in, if they do not break binary and API compatibility). This is what I am following. While I have to make changes in file-format, it is beta.

The game have support for death and different stages, it is just that I've not yet enabled both because, well it is a beta [​IMG]
    Beta 7, due to go out in august should have:
    - player death
    - 8 initial stages and a few ones in skull-castle
    - weapons, some simple items as energy tanks and pills
    - boss IA/movement

Later to be added:
    - ending
    - more ground types such as ice and water
    - dialogs and better history
    - more types of IA for NPC and bosses

Also, please notice the version number, 0.1 is way different than a 1.0 [​IMG]

I would like to implement everything much faster, but this is, basically, a one-person project, that started in january, made on my free time. Any help is welcome [​IMG]