mixinluv2u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
so i am considering getting a drum set for guitar hero world tour and/or rockband 2. it seems like most people prefer to buy the guitar hero's drum set and use that for both. but since that's not sold separately yet, i wonder if the rockband 2 drum sets are really that bad. does anyone here have experience with the rockband 2 drum set that can give me some feedback?

also, i believe i read that the rockband 2 drums will not work with guitar hero world tour, is that correct?

most people seem to prefer the multiplayer experience on rockband over guitar hero, so maybe it's not that big of a deal if the drums only work with rockband?

Immortal Game

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Rock Band drums aren't bad at all. I think the build quality on them is generally better, especially with the pedals.

I don't think the Rock Band drums work with Guitar Hero, but I guess it's just personal preference which game has the songs you like. But I think Rock Band is overall a better game, because their developers seem to know more about the genre, and their notecharts don't have extra notes in them that don't even match up with the song to make it harder, like Guitar Hero does.

I like to say Guitar Hero has the name, Rock Band has the game.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The GH drum kit works with RB2 and GHWT but the RB2 drum kit only works with its own game.

Also: if you haven't bought guitars yet, I heard the nyko frontman guitar is a cheap alternative that works with both RB2 and GHWT

Nintenterd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iritegood said:
The GH drum kit works with RB2 and GHWT but the RB2 drum kit only works with its own game.

Nope, Rb2 drums dont work with its own game, they work with GH world tour too
biggrin.gif

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mixinluv2u said:
well i am actually trying to find an old rockband 1 drum set since they are much cheaper (although a little hard to find). do you guys think that's a bad idea?

The Wii drums of Rock Band 1 are an improvement over the ones on all other consoles.

However, they still make a lot of noise. I use the RB drums with silencer pads. Still have loads of fun with them, so I'd say it's a fine option.

kindaichi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintenterd said:
iritegood said:

biggrin.gif

Are u sure about that??? i always though that the RB2 drums only works for RB....

mixinluv2u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
i ended up finding a Rockband 1 drum set at Best Buy for 29.99. using a $25 gift card i got over xmas, i ended up spending around only $8 after tax! =D

too bad we left the wiimotes at my gf's family's house over x'mas, so i have to wait another week to get them back so i can get pass the wii menu and into the game. =\

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kindaichi said:
Nintenterd said:
iritegood said:

biggrin.gif

Are u sure about that??? i always though that the RB2 drums only works for RB....

You're right. GHWT drums work on RB, RB drums do NOT work on GHWT. At least, not on the Wii.

6mon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone had problem (and resolution?) syncing the RB2 with their Wii?

Mine won't see the drum as a controller.

They seem to be syncing OK (both the lights on the dongle & drum aren't flashing) but the 4 leds (indicating the player number assigned to the drum) won't go on.

Seen tons of similar issues on the Web but no resolution yet...

M31Supernova

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
6mon said:
Has anyone had problem (and resolution?) syncing the RB2 with their Wii?

Mine won't see the drum as a controller.

They seem to be syncing OK (both the lights on the dongle & drum aren't flashing) but the 4 leds (indicating the player number assigned to the drum) won't go on.

Seen tons of similar issues on the Web but no resolution yet...

Almost same issue here.. Personally I think it is a Rock Band selling junk issue mainly being that there are posts all over the net where people can't get drums (rockband2 kit mainly) to work right out the box. Since most such posts imply they dealing with a whole rock band setup with original disks and stock wii software I doubt it has anything to do with hacked wii's... maybe it a wii software version issue combined with a RB issue..lol.
Issue is different here in that I just tried and then exchanged a Rockband1 set for another and nope it is still not seen by Rockband2 game. It is direct wired and any type of reconnecting of the wiimotes does not allow it to be recognized. It's like wii just doesn't think to look at the usb for a controller. Only thing I get is the blue glowing drum light signifying it is getting power..none of the 4 wiimote lights ever light or flash..it's like it is dead to the wii system. Neither GHWT or RB2 or the Wii system recognizes it in any way. Both game do work with my usb mic though which btw also requires a wiimote to handle it's commands but again that is found by the sensor bar right?. ...Being the GHWT drums are talked about as working on RB2, are more stout, and have symbols built in, all I can do is wait for a responce from red octane whether they gonna sell me a set. Yea I'll have to temporarily forego another one of my wiimotes to use it (just like a guitar or zapper) but least I know it should work as others claim.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up