Rock Band: The Beatles Question

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Jamstruth, Sep 18, 2009.

Sep 18, 2009
  1. Jamstruth
    OP

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    I'm going to buy Rock band: The Beatles for my Xbox and am wanting an opinion on which pack to buy since you US guys have had the RB2 instruments longer than us UK suckers (who only get The Beatles Instruments)

1st Option: Get The Beatles:Rock Band Premium Edition for £180. Has RB2 quality instruments styled to the Beatles with a Mic Stand included (a plus as I like trying to sing+play guitar even though I sing badly)

2nd Option: Get The Beatles:Rock Band Value Pack. This only has the RB1 instruments and no mic stand but only costs £110 leaving me with money spare to buy RB1 or RB2 seperately.

So the question is: Are the RB2 instruments worth the extra £70? I know a lot of the money goes to the Beatles styling but hey its what's available in the UK (Since Harmonix and EA won't let us have the RB2 instruments or RB2 Wii despite them being out for a year in the USA!)

2. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Rock band 2 instruments are better. No question about it. £70 better, probably not, but then you're being charged for the Beatles styling. If you wanted to save money and get the rockband 1 instruments, then don't bother buying the value pack. Just get the game by itself, then get the band in a box from smyths as they are selling it for £35 instead of £70.

http://www.smythstoys.com/xbox--xbox-360/b...n-f00067pd.aspx

3. Jamstruth
    OP

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    I'm unsure, I have a friend who's been through 2 RB1 drum pedals (although I have no idea what he's been doing to those drums) and the RB1 guitars feel a little...off to me partly because I am not used to them.
    I'm also a huge beatles fan and the mic stand and Hofner Bass appeal to me... also Smyth's Toys does not deliver and I live in Scotland so no luck there