Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IGN said:
How might developer Harmonix follow up the release of The Beatles: Rock Band? We might just have our answer.

Queen guitarist Brian May told the BBC there was talk "going on behind the scenes" about a Queen-themed 'Rock Band' game similar to The Beatles title released earlier this year.

"Yes we're into it, I think it may happen," he added.

Source

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What the hell, everyone's getting their own Rockband or Guitar Hero. Some of the lesser liked banded are asking for it and some other bands have already gotten it. But what the hell!? There's been no rumors of AC/DC Rockband or Guitar Hero! This makes me have angry face D:

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
What the hell, everyone's getting their own Rockband or Guitar Hero. Some of the lesser liked banded are asking for it and some other bands have already gotten it. But what the hell!? There's been no rumors of AC/DC Rockband or Guitar Hero! This makes me have angry face D:
they already got their own track pack. Thats more then most bands can get.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:

Because AC/DC is no where near as big as Queen. Queen is arena rock at its finest. Not to mention so many AC/DC songs sound exactly the same outside of lyrics. And the Guitar Hero franchise just hands out exclusive games to nearly any band it seems. Van Halen, Aerosmith, Metallica. C'mon. At least Rock Band tackles the big bands. Not saying that those bands weren't big, but they're ants compared to the Beatles.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why don't they just release a Rock Band game with all the songs from each band? It would be PS3 exclusive though because it would be greater than 10 GB to fit every select band in one disk.

dewback

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AC/DC did get a rock back track pack released

http://www.rockband.com/games/acdc

it was a Wal-Mart exclusive.

The band that should be released as a Rock Band kit is KISS
bow.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
Why don't they just release a Rock Band game with all the songs from each band? It would be PS3 exclusive though because it would be greater than 10 GB to fit every select band in one disk.

...Why do they release sports games every year? Why don't they just wait every five years, make a game for that sport, and put the players for each team for each year in those past five years on it?

Because that wouldn't be an exclusive for a band and wouldn't be as cool. B: RB was cool because it was only for the Beatles.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Harmonix needs to blackmail Jimmy Page into allowing a Led Zeppelin: Rock Band!!! I don't care if they do it through blackmail or legal transaction, just freaking give it to me already!!!!
hate2.gif

Edit:
And it fucking needs a double neck guitar controller!!!!

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering my rabid Queen fanboyism, I have very mixed feelings about this. If it's treated with the same flair, quality and sense of respect Beatles Rock Band was, I will be pleased (though I will never be totally okay with tons of whiny, angsty teens thinking they can sing like Mercury). I wonder if they will include stuff of Cosmos Rocks.

PS: BOOOO, LZ:RB (and Yes:RB would be infinitely better and more sensible than Rush)! :-P

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beware said:
Considering my rabid Queen fanboyism, I have very mixed feelings about this. If it's treated with the same flair, quality and sense of respect Beatles Rock Band was, I will be pleased (though I will never be totally okay with tons of whiny, angsty teens thinking they can sing like Mercury). I wonder if they will include stuff of Cosmos Rocks.

PS: BOOOO, LZ:RB (and Yes:RB would be infinitely better and more sensible than Rush)! :-P

Rush has such a diverse library, not to mention the great instrumentals, that it would be perfect for Rock Band. Not to mention the laughs you would get from trying to pull off a Getty Lee voice. And I feel the Rock Band team handles these speciality games with more respect than Guitar Hero. GH seems to just see "Oh look, hair band" and throws in a game for them.

If they make this game, they could definitely use keyboard controllers. Bohemian Rhapsody and We Are the Champions, for starters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.