Hacking Rock band backup

Thorin_Legende

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everybody,
I want to backup my rock band game to be sure that I don't scratch it but I have a little problem.

When I try the backup, the game launch properly, but the game never see the rock band guitar or the rock band drum.

Is it me that do something wrong? Or it's the loader that don't support that functionanlity? If it's the loader, will it have a version that support it?

I use all lastest version of every peace of homebrew.

Someone can help me on that please?

Thanks and have a good day

bouncy

Trophies
XP
Country
They are not compatible, thats the reason. I actually bought rockband and found this out the hard way that the guitar stuff dont work!

zapu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What the heck are you talking about? Rockband instruments are not compatible with rockband? Wtf
biggrin.gif

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Same here, bought the drumset, then realized the loader couldn't read the USB instruments, I'd wait for an update to the loader, or a new cIOS that supports USB

torbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a minor update included with the game that you have to install in order to use the USB instruments. As far as I know that's all it does, it doesn't update you to 3.3 or anything evil like that. Are you sure you installed the update from the original disc?

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
torbit said:
There's a minor update included with the game that you have to install in order to use the USB instruments. As far as I know that's all it does, it doesn't update you to 3.3 or anything evil like that. Are you sure you installed the update from the original disc?
I just tried the original games (RB & Track Pack 1) with Gamma (not backups) and it didn't work. I've played them before on the disc channel, so It must be the loader

Thorin_Legende

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
torbit said:

Yes torbit, before tried to use my backup I play a lot with my original and first thing that we must do is to do an update and I did it.

But are you sure that's an USB update? For my part I think that he only download the 5 bonus titles that we have with the Wii version.

Then I see that everybody have the same problem with Rock band. Is it possible to ask to the creator of CIOS or loader to make it work? I mean any forum or email or whatever else.

aardvarks

Trophies
XP
Country
thats weird! i brought rock band and an extra guitar, down loaded rock band an track pack. all works fine on my pal wii with wiikey on v3.2

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey wait! I just realized it can't be the loader, cause I can use the mic on World Tour.

aardvarks said:
thats weird! i brought rock band and an extra guitar, down loaded rock band an track pack. all works fine on my pal wii with wiikey on v3.2
Yeah, but thats a modchip, were talking the loaders.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
Hey wait! I just realized it can't be the loader, cause I can use the mic on World Tour.

aardvarks said:
Yeah, but thats a modchip, were talking the loaders.

It is the loader, the mics work for both games, because they are just a normal USB device. Its getting the special Rock band only instruments to work which is the issue.

FlamingBalls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wondering if instruments not connected via USB (WiiMote connected) will work? Such as the Guitar Hero guitars and the World Tour drum set?

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sstew said:
It is the loader, the mics work for both games, because they are just a normal USB device. Its getting the special Rock band only instruments to work which is the issue.

Gotcha!

QUOTE(FlamingBalls @ Nov 17 2008, 04:52 PM) Just wondering if instruments not connected via USB (WiiMote connected) will work? Such as the Guitar Hero guitars and the World Tour drum set?
Yes they do.

Thorin_Legende

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a friend that can play with Guitar Hero 3 because you put the Wiimote in the guitar. Then, the GHWT will work too.

Is the Wiikey is a software that I can install on my wii to make my instruments work?

thecyanaura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didn't follow lostinyou's link, but i will say that you must use the softchip backup loader with IOS51 (i believe) loaded onto IOS242 in order to launch RB1 and track packs correctly.

i can't seem to get the mic to work for those backups, but the drums and guitar are a-ok.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s