Hacking Rock Band 3 issue loading from USB Hard Drive

ultros7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
So I'm trying to play Rock Band 3 from an USB hard drive, it's a 1TB Samsung NTSF drive and I have transferred the iso using Wii Backup Manager.

I load it using ios249, it boots fine, I can access and play the entire game with it. The problem is that whenever I'm playing a song, every 5-7 seconds the hard drive will light up to load something, and at exactly that point the game will not accept any inputs (while the song is still going), causing me to drop all inputs and fail every note.

This happens constantly, the game has to wait for the HD to load something and doesn't accept inputs for 1-2 seconds, every 5-7 seconds, making it very frustrating to play when your notes are dropping every few seconds.

I made sure this was the issue by unplugging the HD mid-gameplay, and sure enough the song continued for a while but the game didn't accept any inputs at all, before it froze soon after. So in short, the game hangs and semi-freezes whenever the HD starts up to load the next section of the song.

Can I fix this at all? Maybe a special ios? Fat32 partition? Running the game from a flash drive?
I tried running a burned iso through Softchip but had no luck, green screen and freeze, and my flash drive is fried so I'll have to go out and get another one (but would rather not unless I know for sure it will fix the problem)

Any ideas? Thanks.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try IOS250 or 251 if you have the standard d2x installation layout. A lot of the games that have USB peripherals required a newer one than 56.

Reactions: ultros7

ultros7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
OMG, thank you! It ended up working, but I had to do a bit of configuring to do it.

I installed d2x on ios250 and ios251, base 57 on 250 and 56 on 251. Loaded up CFG, tried ios250, game now works perfectly with no dropped notes, BUT it doesn't recognize my SD card for the DLC.
I went to try 251, but found out cfg doesn't support loading on 251, only up to 250.

So I went back to the d2x installation, uninstalled both 250 and 251, and installed both on 147/148 (left my old 149 alone for eventual compatibility issues).
Now my setup looks like this:
147 = d2x base 56
148 = d2x base 57
149 = rev22 base 56

Rock Band 3 loaded from 147 now works 100% perfectly, no dropped notes, no hanging, SD DLC works and it might be just my imagination but loading menus seems faster too.

Problem solved, thanks a lot.

Last edited by ultros7,
Reactions: GreyWolf

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Now you can zoom in and actually see your pee pee when you pee pee,.