Rock Band 3 DLC -> SD card error

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by cutter, Mar 26, 2011.

Mar 26, 2011

Rock Band 3 DLC -> SD card error by cutter at 3:30 PM (4,408 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. cutter
    OP

Newcomer cutter Advanced Member

United States
    I downloaded some songs in Rock Band 3 and had no problems playing them directly off the Wii memory. However whenever I load the game it prompts me to backup the DLC onto the SD card. When it tries to do so it gives an error message. It's also given me a message along the lines of, "add on content is out of date and cannot be restored to the wii system memory" in the main menu, after which no DLC appears in the song list. This is really bugging me and I have no idea how to resolve it.

Accessing the music store and downloading songs works fine. The problem occurs when the game tries to back songs up to the SD card.

2. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    did you get them leigt or priate them?

3. cutter
    OP

United States
    I'm only trying to this to work with the free tracks, Still Alive and the RB2 free DLC. I've tried deleting them off the Wii memory and redownloading them, but they still refuse to be copied to the SD card.

4. M1r0

Member M1r0 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Try copying all files on sd and saving to computer. Deleting all files in sd, and then trying again.

5. cutter
    OP

United States
    Just now I copied my save file to the SD card, deleted all Rock Band save data and DLC data from the system memory, and booted up the game. It recognized the songs that I had marked "purchased" and I redownloaded Still Alive. Refused to copy to SD card, then when I tried to run it it said that it couldn't be read off the Wii system memory.

I then deleted the 2-block "Rock Band 3 DLC" save data and reloaded the game. It runs fine off the system memory but won't copy to the SD card - it gets an error exactly halfway through.

I'm considering doing a NAND restore to see if that magically solves the problem.

6. M1r0

Member M1r0 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That's not what I am saying. I think you should try removing the contents on SD card. It's possible that some bad saves/channels/bannerbomb could be messing up the save to the SD. Also, (though it doesn't sound likely) this could be an IOS problem. Could you post a syscheck?

7. cutter
    OP

United States
    I forgot to mention. When I redownloaded the song just now, I had moved everything into a separate folder and left the root of the SD card blank except for that folder. Not the same as formating the SD card, so I could still try that, but the error still appeared. (It produced a new "private" folder with some files in the "data" folder)

I'll post a system check, but I'm not entirely sure how. I'll google it.

8. M1r0

Member M1r0 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Cutter: If it produces files on the SD it is not an IOS problem, so there is no need for syscheck. Sorry, I don't know what to do.

9. cutter
    OP

United States
    That's unfortunate. Although I ran the syscheck anyway and the results are kind of weird. While running the check it suddenly flashed back to the Bootmii menu, and when I checked the file on my SD card it's only 10 lines long. Even if it's unrelated I should look into that as well.