Gaming Rock Band 3 DLC -> SD card error

cutter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded some songs in Rock Band 3 and had no problems playing them directly off the Wii memory. However whenever I load the game it prompts me to backup the DLC onto the SD card. When it tries to do so it gives an error message. It's also given me a message along the lines of, "add on content is out of date and cannot be restored to the wii system memory" in the main menu, after which no DLC appears in the song list. This is really bugging me and I have no idea how to resolve it.

Accessing the music store and downloading songs works fine. The problem occurs when the game tries to back songs up to the SD card.

cutter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm only trying to this to work with the free tracks, Still Alive and the RB2 free DLC. I've tried deleting them off the Wii memory and redownloading them, but they still refuse to be copied to the SD card.

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try copying all files on sd and saving to computer. Deleting all files in sd, and then trying again.

cutter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just now I copied my save file to the SD card, deleted all Rock Band save data and DLC data from the system memory, and booted up the game. It recognized the songs that I had marked "purchased" and I redownloaded Still Alive. Refused to copy to SD card, then when I tried to run it it said that it couldn't be read off the Wii system memory.

I then deleted the 2-block "Rock Band 3 DLC" save data and reloaded the game. It runs fine off the system memory but won't copy to the SD card - it gets an error exactly halfway through.

I'm considering doing a NAND restore to see if that magically solves the problem.

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not what I am saying. I think you should try removing the contents on SD card. It's possible that some bad saves/channels/bannerbomb could be messing up the save to the SD. Also, (though it doesn't sound likely) this could be an IOS problem. Could you post a syscheck?

cutter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M1r0 said:
That's not what I am saying. I think you should try removing the contents on SD card. It's possible that some bad saves/channels/bannerbomb could be messing up the save to the SD. Also, (though it doesn't sound likely) this could be an IOS problem. Could you post a syscheck?

I forgot to mention. When I redownloaded the song just now, I had moved everything into a separate folder and left the root of the SD card blank except for that folder. Not the same as formating the SD card, so I could still try that, but the error still appeared. (It produced a new "private" folder with some files in the "data" folder)

I'll post a system check, but I'm not entirely sure how. I'll google it.

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cutter: If it produces files on the SD it is not an IOS problem, so there is no need for syscheck. Sorry, I don't know what to do.

cutter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's unfortunate. Although I ran the syscheck anyway and the results are kind of weird. While running the check it suddenly flashed back to the Bootmii menu, and when I checked the file on my SD card it's only 10 lines long. Even if it's unrelated I should look into that as well.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a similar problem in trying to hack the game. When I put customs on the SD card (the .bin files), it gives me the error "Add-on content cannot be restored to the Wii System Memory". However, injecting the .app files into the real NAND works. It seems to me like some kind of verification issue.

Rbizzelman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a similar problem in trying to hack the game. When I put customs on the SD card (the .bin files), it gives me the error "Add-on content cannot be restored to the Wii System Memory". However, injecting the .app files into the real NAND works. It seems to me like some kind of verification issue.

I have recently been trying the SD card method myself and have been having no luck. Im using USB Loader GX to run Rock Band 3 and still have that SD card error. How exactly did you inject the custom songs directly into your NAND and what files do I need to do so?

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have recently been trying the SD card method myself and have been having no luck. Im using USB Loader GX to run Rock Band 3 and still have that SD card error. How exactly did you inject the custom songs directly into your NAND and what files do I need to do so?
These steps are outlined in my tutorial, but:
  1. Build the custom DLC. You can use my tutorial, my GitLab Wiki, StackOverflow0x's Customs Creators thread, or Atruejedi's Custom Creators thread. If you want the most complete, use my wiki, but StackO and Atruejedi have more information on how to use CON files using the C3 CON Tools and other C3 software.
  2. Inject the APP files into the right generation folder. For example, if you built for sZAE, then put the app files in nand:/title/00010005/735a4145/content.
  3. Load RB3 from USB Loader GX, making sure to select "No" when it asks to save to the SD card.
If you did everything right, it should appear. BINs are a bit more finicky because:
  • Song data needs to be less than 40 MB, and metadata under 500 KB.
  • You have to have the location of the DLC. This can be simply "songs/songname/songname", but if you have the full path, direct the DLC to the meta folder in the generation slot.
  • Custom BINs do not work when loading RB3 from the Disc Channel.

Reactions: Alexander1970

alfonsovin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, I got RB3 load from USB Loader GX over vWii (Wii U)
I can't active "SD mode" to mount SD, it show a message that has a error when try to activate

Any chance?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.