OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
500x_rcokband3.jpg

Viacom President and CEO Philippe Dauman officially outed Rock Band 3, due for release this holiday season, when it will "will innovate and revolutionize the music genre" all over again.

Dauman revealed the game while speaking at the Credit Suisse Group Global Media and Communications Conference this morning, quickly followed by Tweets from several members of the Harmonix staff, relieved to finally be able to discuss what they've been working on, as well as this new entry on the Rock Band Facebook page:

"Harmonix is developing Rock Band 3 for worldwide release this holiday season! The game, which will be published by MTV Games and distributed by Electronic Arts, will innovate and revolutionize the music genre once again, just as Harmonix did with the original Rock Band, Rock Band 2 and The Beatles: Rock Band. Stay tuned for more details!"

How could Rock Band 3 possibly revolutionize the music genre any further? Will there be harmonies? Will it accept your own MP3s, converting them on the fly? Look for the answers to these questions and more whenever Harmonix feels it's a good time to give them to us.
Source.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is it really needed? I mean, they just released Rock Band Network that has like... 100+ songs. >_>

Da Mafia

Trophies
XP
Country
Twiffles said:
Is it really needed? I mean, they just released Rock Band Network that has like... 100+ songs. >_>

For people that still play Rock Band, no, but it might bring people back who are bored of RB2, and will make them aware of RBN.

Plus, harmonies would be nice
wink.gif

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Da Mafia said:
Twiffles said:

For people that still play Rock Band, no, but it might bring people back who are bored of RB2, and will make them aware of RBN.

Plus, harmonies would be nice
wink.gif
I had RB2 for a year and yes, this update is NEEDED. It needs to have the improvements seen in Beatles and Lego RB (harmonies, another way of saving a player from failing in a band, different song library, Endless Setlist 3
tongue.gif
, new Tour modes and maybe borrow some from Guitar Hero 5 (Party Play, Avatar/Mii support, RockFest style competitive games, etc.)

And also, I've got that inkling that one of the songs in the setlist is Tragic Kingdom by No Doubt. Just an inkling...

Oh and RBN just adds more to the library!

The only bad thing about this is that you are definitely going to need a bigger hard drive, provided that you have all the imports and a decent amount of DLC.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, there's only three of these damned things? Oh wait, there's Guitar Hero and other crap... that's all the same D:

Where's more Daigasso! Band Brothers
frown.gif

Da Mafia

Trophies
XP
Country
I still don't think its NEEDED. Alot of those things you mentioned would be nice additions, but I still play RB2 almost everyday and don't really feel that anything is missing.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Da Mafia said:
I still don't think its NEEDED. Alot of those things you mentioned would be nice additions, but I still play RB2 almost everyday and don't really feel that anything is missing.
Same and the expandable library just makes the game feel new always. I would rather have them apply those changes as a patch, but I'd rather let them spend time on the next game than spend time working on a patch for a slightly outdated game...

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ohmygod! ohmygod!! ohmygod!!! OHMYGOD!!!!
i sooo want this
i sooo wanted to play rock band without a unplugged thingy -_-
i always play rb2 when my friends on school are.
though i am only expertised in medium. yet.
i am willingly to learn to do expert hehe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded