Barquest100

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
uk.youtube.com
XP
Country
i am considering getting rock band 2 wii from america and i have a pal wii...i was just wondering:

1: does rock band 2 work on gecko region free and

2: do the pal guitar hero world tour instruments work on rock band 2 ntsc?

thanks

Barquest100

Leslia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Harmonix apparently made some kind of deal with Nintendo which allows them to develop 3d party controllers without using the wii remote in them. Activision needs to make controllers for WII using the remote. Therefore you can not use the Guitar Hero controllers for Rock Band or vice versa. U can on xbox 360 and playstation 3.

PS. this is rumored, I haven't verified since I dont have a Rock Band 2 copy. If I'm wrong, someone PLEASE correct me, cause I want Rock Band 2 badly as well
tongue.gif

Snave2008

Trophies
Website
www.completelyfreewii.com
XP
Country
All of the Guitar Hero 3 and World Tour instruments work on Rock Band 2 fine.

The only disappointment I've found with the backup of RB2 is, like GH:WT you can't enter the music store.

EDIT - Whoops, misread that you are buying the original. Still.....the comment still stands!

gumbyscout

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snave2008 said:
All of the Guitar Hero 3 and World Tour instruments work on Rock Band 2 fine.

The only disappointment I've found with the backup of RB2 is, like GH:WT you can't enter the music store.

EDIT - Whoops, misread that you are buying the original. Still.....the comment still stands!
I can enter the music store with the backup of world tour, but it has issues managing the dlc. The reason why you can't get on the rock band II store is because it isn't up yet
tongue.gif

Leslia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay since the instruments from GH:WT do not work on Rock Band 1, here's some other questions:

1. Does the NTSC version of Rock Band 2 work on a PAL WII (only hombrew I've got is Homebrew Channel and Backup Launcher 0.3gamma on wii menu 3.4e) Or do I need a region free software thingy? (my wii is not hardware modded)

2. Can you import the tracklist from Rock Band 1 (backup) and Rockband Song Pack 1 (also backup) to Rock Band 2 (again, backup)

tnx for the help

deviljr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
1. RB2 works with pal wii but the instruments wont with using 0.3gamma (atleast not RB1 instruments). do a search, it'll work with other similar backup launchers.

2. as far as i know, no. but i think there will be custom versions of rb soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1