Rock Band 2: Take 2

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by mexiken, Dec 23, 2008.

Dec 23, 2008

Rock Band 2: Take 2 by mexiken at 12:49 AM (1,104 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. mexiken
    OP

Newcomer mexiken Advanced Member

United States
    Ok, so the other thread is closed.

Heres the thing with the releases: I guess the original ship date was Dec 22nd, but about a week ago, IGN Wii reported that MTV Games released a press statement saying that the game was going to ship Dec 18th. Thats probably why most people got it around then.

Second, has anyone tried the DLC ???? I know netslider commented on packing up the DLC, whats the deal with it ???? I don't mind buying some songs, if someone wants to walk me through the process of packing, extracting, etc. Its not hard or beyond my technical know-how, but I've just never done it before.

I'm currently getting the game now. Anyone know if the store is up yet ????

2. Jizmo

Member Jizmo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I stopped at Video store on way home today and rented their bran new and only copy of Rock Band 2 still in the shrink wrap. I had to wait about 5 minutes for her to make labels and stuff for it. Now that I've played it for about 2 hours I gotta say im impressed. All instruments working perfectly. And after a single calibration run with the Guitar Hero World Tour guitar all instruments seemed to be sync's better than i could ever get them with rock band 1. It seem a little more forgiving on the drums also.
    The drum freestyle is nice but would be better if i had seperate cymbols and the still unfortunately missing high-hat peddle. What is it about the High-Hat peddle that these game makers don't understand. The High-Hat is the core of the drum set for gods sake. Just seems so odd that the most used part of a drum set is still crippled in the games. I think the best part of RB2 is that since I don't have drums for Guitar Hero, I can now play drums online with the RB1 drums. Also joing an online band set was very fast and easy compared to guitar hero. mainly because so many people already have drums. With Guitar Hero World Tour it was very hard to get to join an online band where somebody had drums. With RB2 I have joined 3 online sessions and all 3 had drummer, bass, and guitar player. So after a couple hours I'm more impressed with RB2 than with GHWT. That might be different if I had the GHWT drums though, or even if GHWT supported the RB drums. Anybody out there who can give me a first hand comparison of GHWT drums vs. RB2 drums?

Oh yea, time to fire up Wii Disc Dumper!

3. Mrkinator

Member Mrkinator Neil Peart Wannabe

Canada
    Good to hear! Can't wait to get this game and start some hacks on it!!

4. EvanUnisil

Member EvanUnisil GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I really want to see Rock Band 1 and the track packs released under the Rock Band 2 game so that we can use the GH:WT instruments with them. I don't know if it'll happen but it seems possible to me.

I have the GH:WT drum kit but haven't tried the Rock Band 2 one. I think the RB2 is virtually the same as the RB1 one which I think is slightly inferior to the GH:WT drumkit. The only reason being is that I like my cymbal and high hat.

I agree with the High Hat pedal though, funny you mention it my friend and I were just discussing that at work right now. One thing I don't get though is in RB2 they've designated the high hat to the blue tom on the GH:WT drums... would it be possible to move that to the yellow high hat? Or is that crazy talk?

I'm not a hacker but I do appreciate all the work that everyone puts into these releases and I hope the community continues as strongly as it has been.

5. coolbho3000

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

Anyone know where I could get a full set of instruments, cheap? I need as much compatibility as possible (at least Rock Band 1, Rock Band 2, and GHWT)

6. Jizmo

Member Jizmo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I suppose if I bought the Drum Kit for GHWT I would have all instruments covered on all the games. I'll have to check wal-mart online and see if they got the drums kits seperately yet. IF GH would just give in and support USB instruments all would be good in the world. At least for plastic instrument rock wannabees that is.

Still I'd hate to blow the money on the GH drums then find out the RB2 ones with cymbols is better. Life is full of these hard decisions.