Hacking Rock Band 2 SDHC Support

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if the folks over in the Rock Band world ever plan on making RB2 support SDHC for DLC/Customs?

Or maybe if anyone here knows of a solution to the problem without having to wait for them to fix it? Any IOS patches, etc, etc, that might make the support available in-game?

Is there any way DLC/Customs can be stored on a USB hard drive?

Just sucks that only 2GB cards are available for use with the massive amounts of songs out there.

Thanks for any info.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antonkan said:
I don't think how the SDHC cards supports this. SDHC for Wii homebrew is not recommend. So I recommend to buy a 2 GB SD card.
That's a wonderful bit of information you posted there, while not at all helpful to the topic at hand.

I know that SDHC is not supported at the moment (why else would I have made this topic?). But SDHC is indeed supported on the Wii and works fine on a lot of HomeBrew apps.

I obviously already have a 2GB card and I am not pleased with the storage capacity that it presents. I would merely like to know if there is a possibility of a larger medium becoming available at some time in the near future.

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Those from RawkSD project said it was possible but they won't do it because it would mean modifying too much things (IOSs, in game driver...). Correct me if I'm wrong...
I believe this won't come from Harmonix until Rock Band 3 as well.

The best thing to do is to buy a non-SDHC 4Gb card or wait for the NAND Emulator Wanin is making if it indeed enlarge your NAND capacity then you might have a Wii System with a virtually unlimited ammount of memory where you could install your songs.

Or you could still pray for Harmonix to let you use your RB2 DLC on RB3 when it's comming!

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
this is what most people do, though its really a stopgap solution.
I was thinking more along the lines of this. Right now I'm using an old card that has 7Mb/s Read and 3Mb/s Write (and it works perfectly well).

So going from what I've got to a card with 60x speed with Read at 20Mb/s and Write at 12Mb/s will be like night and day. No point spending the extra cash if something cheaper will work. =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...