Gaming River City: Soccer Hooligans!

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In the Spirit of the world cup-Is any looking forward to this game? Ive always loved RiverCity/Kunio Kun games. This Particular game hasnt been upped yet but that doesnt stop the excitement!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm definitely looking forward to both River City games, though not because of soccer or any of the other sports elements (not a fan, really). I dig the art style and rough-and-tumble vibe of the whole River City thing. Hopefully, there's some real fun to be had, not just two games riding on the River City namesake.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raven Darkheart said:
2 games?
Capt. Tsubasa is not a kunio game.....

The other game I was referring to:

141685p.jpg

The two games release within a month of each other here in the States.

Tachyon1986

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Raven Darkheart said:
2 games?

Yeah , it's based off a manga series (there's also an anime). There are lots of CT games out there for different consoles , namely the NES , SNES, GBA , PS1 and PS2 . And now it's finally here on the DS
smile.gif

nugundam0079 , it won't take you too long to identify which words mean kick,passcut,block,tackle e.t.c in the game. I suggest you start with Captain Tsubasa Vol 2 : Super striker on the NES. It's the best in the series (well CT5 on the SNES comes close) with great tunes. There's also an english fan translated version of it , just google .

Oh and in case you're wondering, the Kunio games were inspired from the Captain Tsubasa series.

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tachyon1986 said:
Raven Darkheart said:
2 games?

Yeah , it's based off a manga series (there's also an anime). There are lots of CT games out there for different consoles , namely the NES , SNES, GBA , PS1 and PS2 . And now it's finally here on the DS
smile.gif

nugundam0079 , it won't take you too long to identify which words mean kick,passcut,block,tackle e.t.c in the game. I suggest you start with Captain Tsubasa Vol 2 : Super striker on the NES. It's the best in the series (well CT5 on the SNES comes close) with great tunes. There's also an english fan translated version of it , just google .

Oh and in case you're wondering, the Kunio games were inspired from the Captain Tsubasa series.

Much thanks man! im hyped and ready to get into the spirit!

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tachyon1986 said:
Raven Darkheart said:
2 games?

smile.gif

WTF, I could have swear it was the other way around, as in the manga is based on the game. The game came out couple of years before the manga. Don't know about the anime though.

As for this...

I don't know if this is true unless you have some reliable source(s).

On topic:
I'm looking forward to this game. But I wished Aksys Games would localize River City Super Sports Challenge first. :/

Tachyon1986

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
xdarkx said:
Tachyon1986 said:
Raven Darkheart said:
2 games?

smile.gif

WTF, I could have swear it was the other way around, as in the manga is based on the game. The game came out couple of years before the manga. Don't know about the anime though.

As for this...

I don't know if this is true unless you have some reliable source(s).

On topic:
I'm looking forward to this game. But I wished Aksys Games would localize River City Super Sports Challenge first. :/

Eh...the game came out before the manga O.o ? Nope , you're mistaken. The manga came out early in 1981, and the first CT Nes game came out in 1988. The first TV anime came out somewhere around late 1983 .Captain Tsubasa clearly started the trend where players do crazy shots that blow away keepers, make holes in the wall e.t.c . I should have said the Kunio "Soccer" games were inspired by CT , unless of course there was another manga or something else that made Japan soccer crazy.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tachyon1986 said:
Eh...the game came out before the manga O.o ? Nope , you're mistaken. The manga came out early in 1981, and the first CT Nes game came out in 1988. The first TV anime came out somewhere around late 1983 .Captain Tsubasa clearly started the trend where players do crazy shots that blow away keepers, make holes in the wall e.t.c . I should have said the Kunio "Soccer" games were inspired by CT , unless of course there was another manga or something else that made Japan soccer crazy.

I just realize that I thought you were talking about Kunio series, and not CT. My bad. :X

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck gamestop, use amazon http://www.amazon.com/River-City-Soccer-Ho...S/dp/B003E6VK6U

I'm going to have to ROM this and the Super Sports Challenge (Crash and the Boys Street Challenge remake) next month. If they don't blow (scores matter not, material does to me) I'm getting them. DS has been a wet turd this year as far as things to get that didn't/won't suck. Got Pokemon Silver and Picross 3D for real games, DD I got some stuff like (was free though) Driller, that Greek Pinball game and something else so it has had me bugged. With only DQ9 and maybe that FF 4 warriors game and if it comes and I like the look of it Golden Sun there's nothing left. This adds 2 kickass Kunio games into my want bucket so it effectively doubles my reasons not to have a dusty DS.

Tachyon1986

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Well, I'm playing the J version on my Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.7. The game works flawlessly.

But I tried it with NOGBA , and there is indeed AP protection at the screen where they show you the controls. You can't progress beyond that one.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tachyon1986 said:
But I tried it with NOGBA , and there is indeed AP protection at the screen where they show you the controls. You can't progress beyond that one.

Well... if you have the firmware in your no$gba folder, you can actually play the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1