Hacking RIP MY R4

Crocker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so my r4 is basically dead i dunno how but i want to get a new flashcard
now i only use the flash card to play games without the hastle of freezing and ap so which is the best flash card for me and where can i get hold of one

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hotzdevil said:
until that time get wood for your r4 and you needn't face freezes for the latest games, at least till SMT: SJ
topic says all? All R4's are destined to fail,and his was today(or recently
tongue.gif
)

Crocker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok thankyou guys i think the supercard is out of my price range but the acecard 2i looks quite good would that be able to play pokemon silver without freezing

Crocker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Flamestar666 said:
Well before you go off and spend money on a new card, why don't you explain what's wrong with it?
well basicly the gold bit that reads the data on the ds(i dunno what you call it)is coming off and its going green
and when i go to turn it on the ds cant find it

Flamestar666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Contacts is the word you're looking for.
I had a similar problem on another card.
Find a small screw driver, and open up your card. Clean the contacts with a dry cotton swab (being careful not to damage any of the parts on the the board) and put a small piece of paper behind the contacts underneath the board itself. No paper should be not be sticking out of the card at all.

Close it back up, and hope that it works.

HelpDesk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

The gold bits are the contacts, the exact same thing happened to my little brothers' TTDS's, it's just basic wear and tear on the hardware from sliding in and out of DS's, and when there's no contact the DS doesn't see anything there, thus the insert card message. It starts with trouble reading from time to time then needs replacing. Strangely enough, my R4 i got when first released still works fine, however i've upgraded to the Acekard2i anyway, it's a much better card with AKAIO. And ShopTemp, GBATemps shop offers a great price with free shipping, but for a buck you can have it sent with the box, i can't reccomend it highly enough.

Oh and as for games, no card currently has a better firmware in AKAIO or gets better support than the Acekard2i, so if something doesn't work, it's a much shorter wait than anything else out there. And it's compatible with DSi, DSiXL.

Cheers.
grog.gif

Flamestar666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't want to spend the money to get a better quality card, try giving it a fix.
Otherwise, Acekard2i is an amazing card and I recommend it to everyone I know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Same