Android Ringtones?

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay so with this day and age, it's pretty much impossible not to find something for free on the internet.

I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc and it has the Android OS. I don't know much about Android to be honest. I don't want to go to my carrier's app on there and buy my own ringtone for 5 bucks (yes I checked).

Is there a site that has ringtones for free? Also, telling me how to put it on my phone would be awesome.

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Just open the music player & browse to the audio file you want to be the ring tone & do a long press on it. A menu will open up with "Use as phone ringtone" as one of the option select it & you will get yourself a new ringtone.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The_Dragons_Master_F said:
Just open the music player & browse to the audio file you want to be the ring tone & do a long press on it. A menu will open up with "Use as phone ringtone" as one of the option select it & you will get yourself a new ringtone.

I know that. Otherwise I wouldn't be asking.

I don't want one of my songs to be it, because it's the full song that plays. I don't get to pick parts or anything.

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Well if you want to be able to make ringtones from your songs there is a free app on the market called "Ringdroid" that allow you to cut the part you want as ringtone. If you want pre made ones then try downloading from the market "Zedge Ringtones & Wallpapers" or "RingTone" . They give you access to many ringtones online.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowSoldier said:

I don't want one of my songs to be it, because it's the full song that plays. I don't get to pick parts or anything.

iTunes has a function to take sections of a song out.
Right click, Get Info, Options, Start/Stop time. Ok.
Right Click, create AAC version. That'll create a version of the song from wherever you start, to wherever you stop. It's in some random format, you can rename it to be an MP3. Dunno about other formats, but you could rename to MP3 and convert if you absolutely had to.
It's the easiest way to take sections of songs

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Hells Malice said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Right Click, create AAC version. That'll create a version of the song from wherever you start, to wherever you stop. It's in some random format, you can rename it to be an MP3. Dunno about other formats, but you could rename to MP3 and convert if you absolutely had to.

Why go through all that trouble when you can do the same thing on your phone using ringdroid?

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well if you want to be able to make ringtones from your songs there is a free app on the market called "Ringdroid" that allow you to cut the part you want as ringtone. If you want pre made ones then try downloading from the market "Zedge Ringtones & Wallpapers" or "RingTone" . They give you access to many ringtones online.

Awesome, just installed. But I would still like to have ringtones already made of songs I don't have which I don't feel like downloading.

Hells Malice said:
ShadowSoldier said:
QUOTE(The_Dragons_Master_F @ Sep 11 2011, 02:44 PM) Just open the music player & browse to the audio file you want to be the ring tone & do a long press on it. A menu will open up with "Use as phone ringtone" as one of the option select it & you will get yourself a new ringtone.

iTunes blows.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah it does, but that function is handy as hell.
Pretty much the only reason it exists on my computer now is to make ringtones.

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Well in that case you can try something like zedge , search around for another app that gives you access to ringtones made with copyrighted songs since I doubt I am allowed to link to something like that or simply google whatever you want on your phone & download it.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omg, i just skimmed the other posts, and wtf, itunes?

just move an .mp3 to your sd card, put it in your phone, download ringdroid and select a bit of the song as your ringtone

Edit: I see The_Dragons_Master_F already recommended it, good on him

ShadowSoldier said:

Awesome, just installed. But I would still like to have ringtones already made of songs I don't have which I don't feel like downloading.
that's pathetic, and completely illegal

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used BitPim, which is difficult to wrangle with, but is manageable most of the time.

Used it to get this as my ringtone:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6oUz1v17Uo[/youtube]

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using RingDroid and it's essentially a basic sound editor for making ringtones on the phone itself.

You can also just use Audacity and cut a clip out of something and just put the cut file on your phone.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
You can also just use Audacity and cut a clip out of something and just put the cut file on your phone.
That's what I did, and have been doing for years.

[youtube]jPJE4l6j-hg[/youtube]
My ringtone
wub.gif

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Terminator02 said:

just move an .mp3 to your sd card, put it in your phone, download ringdroid and select a bit of the song as your ringtone

ShadowSoldier said:

A bit retarded to be saying that on THIS site isn't it?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Terminator02 said:

ShadowSoldier said:

A bit retarded to be saying that on THIS site isn't it?
no, it's not, you're being a lazy ass and you're asking for something straight up illegal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over