Hacking RinCheat help

Rakidas

Gay Pirate Queen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, so RinCheat is finally out!!!!! :D Much awesomeness. But the question remains: how can I edit my Freedom Wars save with it? Ideas? Cheers :)

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Right, so RinCheat is finally out!!!!! :D Much awesomeness. But the question remains: how can I edit my Freedom Wars save with it? Ideas? Cheers :)
Well, afaik RinCheat can't edit saves. You can export your decrypted save to edit it on your PC, or edit values in RAM then save, but I don't think you can "directly" edit the save :)

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Rakidas

Gay Pirate Queen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, afaik RinCheat can't edit saves. You can export your decrypted save to edit it on your PC, or edit values in RAM then save, but I don't think you can "directly" edit the save :)
Ah, I see :) Thanks bro. But I've found I can't enter the menu at all! D: I followed these instructions (Place rinCheat.suprx to ux0:/plugins, then open ux0:/plugins/game.txt file and add this line to the file: ux0:/plugins/rinCheat.suprx 1 To open rinCheat menu just press SELECT+START during your game session.) and still nothing when I press START+SELECT. I had to make the plugins directory and the game.txt file, as there was no plugins folder in ux0:/ before that, and the txt file only has the ux0:/plugins/rinCheat.suprx 1 line in it. Did I do it right? Can't wait for the real cwcheat-style stuff to make a comeback :D

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Ah, I see :) Thanks bro. But I've found I can't enter the menu at all! D: I followed these instructions (Place rinCheat.suprx to ux0:/plugins, then open ux0:/plugins/game.txt file and add this line to the file: ux0:/plugins/rinCheat.suprx 1 To open rinCheat menu just press SELECT+START during your game session.) and still nothing when I press START+SELECT. I had to make the plugins directory and the game.txt file, as there was no plugins folder in ux0:/ before that, and the txt file only has the ux0:/plugins/rinCheat.suprx 1 line in it. Did I do it right? Can't wait for the real cwcheat-style stuff to make a comeback :D
Hmm... It might be a dumb question, but are you trying to use it on a Vitamin-dumped game?

Rakidas

Gay Pirate Queen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
... Jesus Christ my shame runs deep. I can't believe I missed that! I was trying to make it open on a PSN-bought digital copy of SAO:HF. No wonder there was no dice! Lol thanks. I guess I'll have to try and find a Vitamin-dumped copy of Freedom Wars, or else try and dump my own if I get time :)

Rakidas

Gay Pirate Queen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have no idea :/ What I do know is that my Vitamin dump of Grand Kingdom does not want to play ball so far as editing goes :/ Works okay except for lag (gameplay a bit slow and sound damn slow and choppy for some reason). Only have 70 gold to my name after going nuts at the shop, but neither Cheat Engine nor Hex Workshop can find the hex value 00 00 00 46. And seeing as I have no idea how to use the 'injector' thing in RinCheat, I'm kind of doomed to medieval mercenary poverty for now lol

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I thought rincheat was like gateshark 3ds. But I didn't thought we need to edit it on pc. When will rincheat support direct edit values?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have no idea :/ What I do know is that my Vitamin dump of Grand Kingdom does not want to play ball so far as editing goes :/ Works okay except for lag (gameplay a bit slow and sound damn slow and choppy for some reason). Only have 70 gold to my name after going nuts at the shop, but neither Cheat Engine nor Hex Workshop can find the hex value 00 00 00 46. And seeing as I have no idea how to use the 'injector' thing in RinCheat, I'm kind of doomed to medieval mercenary poverty for now lol
8bit = 0 to 255
16bit = 256 to 65535
32bit = 65536 to 4294967295
Try using 16bit.

Last edited by Onepunchbruh,

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
What's the difference between having it run in MMC mode and normal (Ram?) mode?

RAM mode means the game actually doesn't use too much heap and the plugin can access heap to store temp stuffs (like framebuffer copy for screenshots, cheats database data, ftp memory, etc...).
When you're on MMC mode it means heap is totally (or near to totallly) used by the game so to store temporary datas, temp files will be created on the MMC.

Lag is actually caused by (probably) game using more than one thread to do its stuffs. rinCheat requires at least one thread in background to work. I'm quite sure i can solve this behaviour by forcing a reschedule at each frame.

I thought rincheat was like gateshark 3ds. But I didn't thought we need to edit it on pc. When will rincheat support direct edit values?

8bit = 0 to 255
16bit = 256 to 65535
32bit = 65536 to 4294967295
Try using 16bit.

Actually rinCheat has several features, realtime cheats it's one of these. You can read the readme here to take a look at current features:
https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/rinCheat/blob/master/README.md

Rakidas

Gay Pirate Queen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys :) I'll have a go with 16bit. Hopefully I'll get some answers :)

... Aaaaaand nada. Damn, nothing doing no matter what I seem to do! Oh well. Oh Disgaea 4, why aren't all Vita games as easy to edit as you! Lol :P

Sabishinbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

... Aaaaaand nada. Damn, nothing doing no matter what I seem to do! Oh well. Oh Disgaea 4, why aren't all Vita games as easy to edit as you! Lol :P
Were you able to make use of the realtime cheat injection function? I've yet to get it to work at all.

tsigalko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
i try to search value until i found only 1 or 2 value. how can i edi these value? i try to use "save offset" and go to "ux0:/data/rinCheat/db/TITLEID_offsets.txt". i see TITLEID_offsets.txt file size 0 kb.

tsigalko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Edit the value and then use Inject as the README says.

I try to search code for red of in god of war collection
Here is my method:
- First, i add value of red orbs to search and choose "Start Absolute Search (Ex..." and found many result around 200 -300 records.
- After that i play until value of red orbs increase or decrease then i come back to search and this time i put a new value and choose "Start Relative Search " until result was only 1 or 2 records.

i don't know how can i put new value and save it. or if my method was wrong, please suggest.

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I try to search code for red of in god of war collection
Here is my method:
- First, i add value of red orbs to search and choose "Start Absolute Search (Ex..." and found many result around 200 -300 records.
- After that i play until value of red orbs increase or decrease then i come back to search and this time i put a new value and choose "Start Relative Search " until result was only 1 or 2 records.

i don't know how can i put new value and save it. or if my method was wrong, please suggest.

2nd time i say you how to do so.

hanseo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

can u post your edit disgaea 4 save please?

tsigalko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand

2nd time i say you how to do so.

When i choose inject value after result was only 1 record, nothing was happen.

i try other game like super robot taisen z3 to search money in game.

when i go to cheat menu by press start+select, it will show Ram Mode and game title is buttom of screen.

i don't know what ido wrong.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
What's the difference between having it run in MMC mode and normal (Ram?) mode?
Some games don't work with RAM mode, but MMC is slower.

@OP, rinCheat isn't exactly "out". Rinnegatamante needs people to test it so he can properly make it work. This is a beta.

Sabishinbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This actually never works. I've tried it with a plethora of games, ranging from IA/VT to BoI. The "Inject" function doesn't inject anything at all upon changing the value. The most I've ever seen come from injecting a value is a crash in Ar nosurge, presumably being caused by a value that wasn't supposed to be changed. It would help immensely if we could see the offsets that we're injecting the values into while ingame. Of course it's possible to do so by using the save offsets button, but that's rather cumbersome as each value (or values) must be isolated from others that do not relate to the value you're trying to change.

Aside from that, good work. The save dump function works, which makes save editing faster than ever. No more need to plop into vitashell, switch the eboots, FTP, boot up the game, etc.

Last edited by Sabishinbo,
Reactions: SYNYST3R1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: