urbexed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello

I'm making this post because a few years ago I had a Wii and some games on cd that I backed up on my pc (including nsmb Wii)

So my question is the following:

Is it possible to burn Wii games directly from the Vwii or Wii u launcher without going through a homebrew ?

Normally, I would not mind going through a homebrew to launch the backups, but I would like to be able to launch riivolution on it, so it is not possible to launch the Wii backups with the homebrew.

Do you have any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Edit: I am on the cfw aroma and my console version is 5.5.5

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm making this post because a few years ago I had a Wii and some games on cd that I backed up on my pc (including nsmb Wii)
The Wii does not support CDs, but only DVDs.

Is it possible to burn Wii games directly from the Vwii or Wii u launcher without going through a homebrew ?
For the original Wii, yes, if you have either a modchip installed or if the 'System Menu IOS' was configured to use cIOS from the Priiloader settings. For the Wii U on the other hand, you can't and that you can only boot games straight from a HDD or SD card using either WiiFlow or USB Loader GX through vWii mode. There's a guide for how to setup cIOS for the vWii here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-install-cios-on-vwii-backup-nand-and-keys.339890/

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

urbexed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The Wii does not support CDs, but only DVDs.

For the original Wii, yes, if you have either a modchip installed or if the 'System Menu IOS' was configured to use cIOS from the Priiloader settings. For the Wii U on the other hand, you can't and that you can only boot games straight from a HDD or SD card using either WiiFlow or USB Loader GX through vWii mode. There's a guide for how to setup cIOS for the vWii here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-install-cios-on-vwii-backup-nand-and-keys.339890/
I was talking about official games, I just got confused between DVD and CD and okay I'll go see thank you

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-