Homebrew Riivolution not working

YoYoBoBo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had Riivolution working yesterday (first time I had ever used it). Then I added the ocarina files and some ocarina codes along with updating some of the xml files and suddenly Riivolution refuses to work. It boots, it loads, but when it detects the game it will say "loading" and never load. Doesn't matter if the Riivolution folder is empty or which game I use, it will detect the game and then infinitely load. Literally the whole time the only option I have is to exit, and even that doesn't work. The channel essentially freezes (though the wii pointer works). No home button access either.

I can't really think of what could have caused this to happen. I also added the ocarina application too if that could be a reason at all. I have tried reinstalling Riivolution completely by replacing the folder in the app folder, removing all files in the riivolution folder on the root of the sd card, but it's still the same problem.

Edit 1: I tried loading it without any disc. That was fine, it said insert disc. Then when I inserted the disc (Super Mario Galaxy), it detected the game and freezed. It stayed at insert disc and said super mario galaxy on top. When I tried swapping discs the channel was unresponsive. I am also using 1.06. From what I've seen from videos, after detecting the game the options should load instantly.

Last edited by YoYoBoBo,

YoYoBoBo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok the problem is fixed, I cleaned my Wii with this dusting thing and it works now. To everyone who is reading this, don’t be like me and clean your wiii!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock