Hacking RiiskiMod 1.0

What shall we call the new version of Riiski since it aint that risky anymore...

• SoftMii

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chip-Away

• Anti-Chip

• The U-Mod - Ultimate Soft Mod

• Total voters

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ah good thing its 8am and you can just pop to the store for more
tongue.gif
avoid the states for a couple years till the economy gets straightened out. the job market over here is SHIT right now.

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
OP
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
your economy is scewed?? man u wanna check out BBC World service and see the state of this country lol

my starview enterprise keeps me afloat tho lol, the poorer people are, the more they want free cable

lol

i have my niche

p.s. does anyone else think McDonalds should deliver?? lol

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im one of the ones who lost their job over here, thats why ive been overly active lately. 4 months now and i can't get any job. which is sad when i've spent the last three years as a GM, and have 5 years of tech work (both support and admin) under my belt, not going into contracting/wiring/cable experience. No ones hiring everyones firing. 2.5 million job gone and not replaced last year. 160,000+ businesses expected to fail this year... stock markets are plunging everywhere, i think the entire world economy is falling apart... everyone just needs to call off all of the debts to other countries so we can all try to get back on track. we all owe each other so much money no country could ever pay their debts if called in... McDonalds and Arby's both, hehe
ok uhm something to keep this on topic... FAIL

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
OP
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
haha MAJOR FAIL lol

speaking of majors, i was even considering the forces, where like upto 1.8million unemployed which for a country our size is really high man its like nearly 10% of the able bodied the papers say, if you believe there bullshit...

i've jus lost mine too mate, i know the pain, and i fort i would be safe been well trained, i've spent 1000s gettin qualifications and CCNPs and there not worth the paper there write on.

worlds fucked, am off to the moon to start my own world...where games play region-free :-)

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a bit of info I've found while testing. It appears the Disc Channel forces games no matter what region they are to load with the Consoles Video Settings. This means that PAL games that do not have NTSC/60 video mode built into them will not work. They black screen. The result is the same as if you try to run these games with gamma forcing NTSC, except from Gamma they Green Screen freeze. From Disc Channel they Black Screen freeze on me. They still launch fine from gamma as long as you don't try to force a video rate the game doesn't support though. So far 2 out of 14 PAL games have this issue for me. I completely understand the issue is the lack of video support by the title though, not a problem with this Mod package.

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20clarky08 said:
nice one for the heads up Jizmo, you've been posting for ages on my screen i was die'n to see what you was gonna say, i thought there wasa "BRICK" statement comin lol

Well, when something like this comes out I test the hell out of it because I'm no use at coding so a guy's gotta be useful somehow. As you know from my previous ramblings I will do in depth testing and reporting if nothing else. Now i gotta check out some channels and do some stuff like wii shop purchase etc... will give an in depth report in a couple hours or when i wake up in the morning.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm way too much of a pussy to try this, even though I have a two year guarantee for my Wii from the place the Mrs got it from.

Its great to see these things happen so damn fast.

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I've now done a couple of hours of pretty extensive testing. I was going to write a report about what works and doesn't work with this installation, but I quickly got the feeling that is was going to be a rather short list of what doesn't work. As i started through my usual testing process i realized that most of it has already been covered by the extensive testing of CIOSCORP. So I just touched lightly on most of the basics. Internet channel, Shop Channel, HBC and a variety of it's applications. Plus the usual host of Wad Manager, Any Title Deleter, Any Region Changer... etc...... Everything worked as normal and expected. Since nothing seemed to be malfunctioning including Preloader functions and Starfall "Y" GC pad recover mode, i decided to focus on backup discs.

This refers to USA NTSC 3.2U console.

1: First thing out of the way.... Decrypted Discs do not and probably never will show up in the Disc Channel. They are a dead issue anyways.
2: Both In and Out of Region 1:1 copies Show up in Disc Channel
3: When Games are launched from the Disc Channel they force your Console's video mode. So for USA machine NTSC/60 is always forced from Disc Channel
4: If a disc Does not contain NTSC Video support it will Black Screen Freeze if launched from Disc Channel. Still launches and works OK from Gamma launcher.
5: PAL games Region Patched to NTSC work correctly as long as the game has NTSC Video support.
6: Japanese Games Region Patched to NTSC work. I tried both Mario Tennis and Family Ski & Snowboard which I have NTSC USA patched. Both worked perfectly from Disc Channel.
7: The Trouble Games - NFS Underground, SSX Blur, House of Dead 2&3, Mortal Kombat Armagedded, etc..... all worked fine. There were two titles I could not get to work, but I just didn't spend very much time trying them different ways.

So basically what it comes down to is.... All Region 1:1 backups show up and play from Disc Channel as long as the Disc has your Console's Region Video Mode present. The games that I tried that didn't have NTSC Video support I was able to run from Gamma or Softchip.

Due to the way it forces the console's video mode from Disc Channel, the only real immediate need I see that would be benneficial would be an option that would let you switch between the game booting using the console's default video mode, or the disc's default video mode. Which I think has been implemented in softchip's settings.

Sorry this report wasn't a little more in depth, but I didn't feel the need to rehash a whole bunch of information when it became evident to me that there were no noticeable incompatibilities with general applications.

I hope everyone enjoys this wonderful set of applications and coding. The last 2-3 weeks have been quite a ride.

gadgeteduk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have had cioscorp installed for about 2 weeks with preloader and starfall what i want to do is get tiki towers running on my pal ststem as it stands at the moment it does not load it just black screens and freezes wii it is a usa game .if i go into preloader and starfall and disable all hacks where can i pick the guide up from or do i need to remove everything and get back to a near factory system as i can by upgrading to 3.3 and downgrading back to 3.2e

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Amazing. Really nice indeed. I was holding off on installing cioscorp when it was fully functional.
So I'm gonna give it a go very soon.
Any tips on where to start installing with only HBC, cios36r7(full) and PreLoader installed ?

Thanks !

Omegax0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone with a PAL system getting black screens on NTSC games, try setting the default video mode in anyregionchanger to NTSC (or MPAL for progressive scan I think).

I'm guessing it tries to run the NTSC game in PAL video mode, which it doesn't support and thus you get the black screen. My NTSC games worked fine after I changed it to MPAL in anyregionchanger.

gadgeteduk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm guessing it tries to run the NTSC game in PAL video mode, which it doesn't support and thus you get the black screen. My NTSC games worked fine after I changed it to MPAL in anyregionchanger.

so if i just load in anyregionchanger and change it to mpal it should load wiiware game usa this is a channel game not a disc so there is no reason for me to redo all this hack again?

moonwalk103

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Good work people! I have 1 question if its working 100% with PAL System? please confirm this to me and i will try it too and my WII, thanks!

goodboy735

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I just have a few Questions before trying this awesome stuff out:

#1, Will it work on 3.4? or do I have to downgrade?

#2, Is there any thing else I should have on my Wii before installing it?

And I can't think of anything else right now.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to