pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello!
I just bought a used wii for hacking purpose and started softmodding it yesterday. One thing I really wanted to install is RiiConnect24. I followed the official guide of RiiConnect24 and got the mail, voting, nintendo and forecast channel patched. I tried every channel but first the forecast channel didn't work. I received a FORE000006 error message. Then I read that I should remove the battery of the wii for about an hour. Afterwards the forecast channel worked fine but now I get the error NEWS000006 when starting the news channel.
Someone knows how to fix the error? Thanks in advance :)

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello!
I just bought a used wii for hacking purpose and started softmodding it yesterday. One thing I really wanted to install is RiiConnect24. I followed the official guide of RiiConnect24 and got the mail, voting, nintendo and forecast channel patched. I tried every channel but first the forecast channel didn't work. I received a FORE000006 error message. Then I read that I should remove the battery of the wii for about an hour. Afterwards the forecast channel worked fine but now I get the error NEWS000006 when starting the news channel.

Hello.:)

One option from RiiConnect Guide:

Still no luck getting it to work? Unfortunately, you might have to reformat your Wii for it to go away. Just make sure to backup your save files and Miis with SaveGame Manager GX.
(it is maybe better try to make some Space free on your Wii´s Memory)

Is it also now showing Error Code 107006 ?

If yes,this Error is maybe temporary.
That means that the Size of the News files is too large for your Wii to store.
If you wait a few hours this problem maybe gone.

Thank you.:)

Reactions: pLaYeR^^

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
@alexander1970 No, it doesn't show the error code 107006. I try to open the news channel and when it tries to prepare the channel I receive the NEWS000006 error after some seconds.

Thank you for your reply.
Did you try to make some "Room" on the Wii´s intern Memory ?
(maybe delete some Savegames ?)

Sorry,thats the only known Solutions for me.:(

Then I suggest to use the Support from

https://rc24.xyz/

or join their Discord.They are always friendly and helpful.:yay:
Please could you be so kind if you get an Solution,can you share it then with us ?
That would be really very kind from you.

Good Luck.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you for your reply.
Did you try to make some "Room" on the Wii´s intern Memory ?
(maybe delete some Savegames ?)

Sorry,thats the only known Solutions for me.:(

Then I suggest to use the Support from

https://rc24.xyz/

or join their Discord.They are always friendly and helpful.:yay:
Please could you be so kind if you get an Solution,can you share it then with us ?
That would be really very kind from you.

Good Luck.
I deleted all saves since I bought the wii used and don't need the old saves. Im sure that I have enough free space. I already joined their discord server and asked. The administrator said that I should try it later but I don't think that this will fix my issue. Of course I will post here if I find a solution.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Sadly I didn't find a solution except than formatting my Wii console. Since this is no solution for me, I will simply uninstall RiiConnect24. I don't need it anyway.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Sadly I didn't find a solution except than formatting my Wii console. Since this is no solution for me, I will simply uninstall RiiConnect24. I don't need it anyway.

Sad to hear that it not work for you.:(

I remember when I installed it on my first Wii and tried it first only the "Everybody Votes channel" works for me but also with Error Messages.

I do not remember exactly in which order I have done some Steps,but for sure I also had to format my Wii.
Then it worked and since then no issues anymore.
I think it has to do with the System Menu Version.On my first Wii I was on 4.1 or 4.2 I do not remember exactly before I installed RiiConnect.I did some "horrible" Softmod Things on it,I still wonder it did not brick it.:evil:

On the second Wii all worked on the first try.:)

As you say,if it is not important then it is no need to format your Wii.:)

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Sad to hear that it not work for you.:(

I remember when I installed it on my first Wii and tried it first only the "Everybody Votes channel" works for me but also with Error Messages.

I do not remember exactly in which order I have done some Steps,but for sure I also had to format my Wii.
Then it worked and since then no issues anymore.
I think it has to do with the System Menu Version.On my first Wii I was on 4.1 or 4.2 I do not remember exactly before I installed RiiConnect.I did some "horrible" Softmod Things on it,I still wonder it did not brick it.:evil:

On the second Wii all worked on the first try.:)

As you say,if it is not important then it is no need to format your Wii.:)

I don't see any useful things in RiiConnect24. Some channels work now which I will never use. Also it seems that it isn't possible to turn off the standby mode because then the channels won't work anymore. I heard that old Wii's have issues with WiiConnect24 in standby because the fan is not running. My wii was warm in standby and I don't want to risk any damage.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I don't see any useful things in RiiConnect24. Some channels work now which I will never use. Also it seems that it isn't possible to turn off the standby mode because then the channels won't work anymore. I heard that old Wii's have issues with WiiConnect24 in standby because the fan is not running. My wii was warm in standby and I don't want to risk any damage.

You can safely turn off the StandBy.:)
You receive still Mails (you can ask my friend @StrayGuitarist :rofl2: ).Also the Polls are actual.
The only thing I noticed,if you boot FIRST in the Wii´s Menu,the News and Weather Channel had sometimes no actual Data.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
You can safely turn off the StandBy.:)
You receive still Mails (you can ask my friend @StrayGuitarist :rofl2: ).Also the Polls are actual.
The only thing I noticed,if you boot FIRST in the Wii´s Menu,the News and Weather Channel had sometimes no actual Data.
I cant start the forecast channel when standby is disabled.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello!

Hello.:)

What an irony....
I installed RiiConnect24 to the chipped Wii today,all seems fine..

...except the NEWS Channel.Guess what ?
Correct:

get the error NEWS000006 when starting the News Channel.

And I have no Idea why or whereby.:(
Is it ever working for you on your Wii ?

The "Battery Fix" of course is as expected not working.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
@alexander1970 Yes, that's the same problem I had. No, it never worked 100% for me. First the forecast channel didn't work and after I tried the battery fix the news channel stopped working. Therefore, I decided to remove RiiConnect24 from my Wii. Another reason for removing was that I didn't like to keep the Wii in standby since it gets pretty warm with RiiConnect24.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol