Ridiculous?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Chemical_Warfare, Nov 15, 2008.

Nov 15, 2008

Ridiculous? by Chemical_Warfare at 11:42 AM (1,348 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Chemical_Warfare
    OP

Member Chemical_Warfare GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    is there a way to install 0.3g as a "silent" channel, meaning it doesnt appear but it is still in fact there?

like say for instance, im using menu patcher lite (which is awesome, i like how it has NOTHING)

i run it, and it returns me to the sys menu with disc channel loading capabilities. I keep it right next to my disc channel.

What im looking for is a way to have the 0.3 g loader there to load games as it should, but not be physically visible so my kid and my friends dont fuck with it.

Can this be done?

2. w4aqar

Newcomer w4aqar Advanced Member

United States
    True whats the point in loading the channel and then pressing B to restart? You might aswell just load it from the gamma channel. It would be better if we could just load it from the disc channel straight away.

3. Beatchu

Member Beatchu GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Wait for bootmii or cSM

4. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
    CSM is working - just in beta stages at the moment and not tested enough to release to the general public yet .... its about 4 or 5 wii bricks away from being a beta i believe [​IMG] (isnt that right Forsaekn ?)

5. Forsaekn

Member Forsaekn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Psht there's only been one, and I recovered [​IMG]. Apparently I have to do all my work on my laptop now, because my desktop's been OC'd so hard for so long that its become unstable even at stock settings...which means the CPU screws up a lot of math calculations and makes compression algorithms especially unreliable. >.>

Fors

6. Chemical_Warfare
    OP

Canada
    Ahhh, oh the pains of OC troubles... seems you and i arent far minded.

You did mention however in your thread about the cSM and your hidden channel modules.

Am what im projecting in the OP very far off?

7. quim69

Member quim69 GBAtemp Fan

Andorra
    You don't need to have the copyloader installed as a channel at all - just install the cIOS and then have the menu patcher channel. But it sounds like that is exactly what you are doing, so I'm not quite sure what you want?

8. Chemical_Warfare
    OP

Canada
    Holy smokes, you're right, this is something i didn't even realize was a possibility. i figured you still needed to have the gamma launching your discs in some way.

My assumption was that the menupatcher just basically paved the way for the discs to be read in disc channel and yet still launched through the loader.

This is too neat.

This may seem a tad asinine, but if it works just like this, then why the need for a loader channel>
    (i do realize the menu patcher was dropped slightly after gamma).

My question is why go through the gamma thing when this is basically the same/easier solution?

I mean, run it, load from disc channel, so far i havent had anything crash or mess up on me, all 1:1's are showing up in disc channel, but i still have a lot more testing to do.

9. kashin

Member kashin GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Well loading from the launcher, especially autoboot, is the faster solution.
    And there are quite a few other reasons you might want to use a launcher instead, but overall there isn't much of a difference.

10. Chemical_Warfare
    OP

Canada
    not really... i fire up the wii and the first thing i do now is hit the patcher lite channel which is nothing but a black page, hit start, wi reboots and discs read in the disc channel.. if i find a disc doesnt read by the icon in sys menu, then i fire the patcher again.

If i mod a wii they know nothing about the cios and the "channel", so this prevents questions, and makes things a lot easier for my own family's use.

this method is awesome for me.

11. quim69

Member quim69 GBAtemp Fan

Andorra
    the launcher allows you to set videomodes and allows the use of Ocarina (like AR/GF/GS) codes.