ROM Hack Rhthym Heaven (U) Song Undub Only

cocomonk22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a hack to the (U) version of Rhythm Heaven which only replaces the English songs with their original Japanese versions. Only the 5 or so dubbed songs are affected, everything else (voice clips, sounds, etc.) remain in English, so there are no timing issues with this patch unlike other patches which simply do an SDAT swap to replace all sounds, resulting in sync issues with some games.

PPF available here: Download
(Apply using PPF-O-Matic)

AndreBrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cocomonk22 said:
This is a hack to the (U) version of Rhythm Heaven which only replaces the English songs with their original Japanese versions. Only the 5 or so dubbed songs are affected, everything else (voice clips, sounds, etc.) remain in English, so there are no timing issues with this patch unlike other patches which simply do an SDAT swap to replace all sounds, resulting in sync issues with some games.

PPF available here: Download
(Apply using PPF-O-Matic)

Sorry, i am used to using dslazy, how can i use this ppf file ?

Amici

ex trey, city skull, am I are?
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
He did say to use PPF-O-Matic =P

BTW, are the songs that much better in Japanese that an undub must be done? The songs sound fine as they are, a bit cheesy yes, but I thought that was how the humor of the game made it out to be.

cocomonk22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, some people prefer songs by the original artist, just like some people like to watch Godzilla in Japanese and some prefer the English dub
smile.gif

In either case, the English lyrics are still onscreen so you can still understand.

AndreBrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amici said:
He did say to use PPF-O-Matic =P

BTW, are the songs that much better in Japanese that an undub must be done? The songs sound fine as they are, a bit cheesy yes, but I thought that was how the humor of the game made it out to be.

Yes, thanks. But I had tried using the PPF-O-Matic but i could not pull it off. Any quick guide, maybe ? Again, thanks.

cocomonk22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a tutorial. The only difference is that instead of selecting an ISO, you change the file type to All Files and select your untrimmed (U) Rhythm Heaven nds file.

AndreBrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I had done that, but after the message " patch is successful, please burn image into CD " I really don' t know what to do. It seems notining is changed

illithid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
That means that the patching was successful and the Rythm Heaven nds file was patched (it replaced the original one)

KaizokuDawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Not that it makes a big difference for me, but it doesn't patch the remixes too so for anyone that is getting this because they can't stand the "Yeah Yeah Yeah" or "I SUPPOSE!" you will still hear it in the Remix
wink.gif

Big Kong Boss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is there anyway we can undub just one of the songs? like, "The Dazzles" and "Pop Star"?

I like the other ones though, they're awesome
biggrin.gif

Or at least give me instructions on how you did this.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
....This undub is useless to me unless it undubs the remixes too. Please fix that. The only things I play on Rhythm Heaven anymore are the remixes and the harder versions of each game.

Plus the fact that I can't get PPF-O-Matic is another reason this undub is useless to me. When you can make it into one of those patches where you just drag the rom onto it, then I'll consider downloading it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @yeager1239 read thru here and if not answered, create a thread and ask...