Revocation DQ9 problem

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by shadowhog006, Jan 11, 2011.

Jan 11, 2011

Revocation DQ9 problem by shadowhog006 at 6:19 AM (1,928 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. shadowhog006
    OP

Newcomer shadowhog006 Member

Philippines
    hello i was having a DQ 9 DS revocation problem even though my party and hero are at lvl 99 the abbey guy is stubborn (*LOL*) so here are the pics of my party
    (*oh and i cheated their lvls and the job unlock ~ i just want to try it first so i know what to do later on in the game*)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

help pls. . . . [​IMG]

2. Sylar1

Member Sylar1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Whats the problem?

3. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    I really don't understand what the problem is.

The base class of your main character is the minstrel. Thus, you can't change from a minstrel to a minstrel. The levels are also on a class by class basis. Level 99 in one class won't be level 99 in another.

4. shadowhog006
    OP

Philippines
    Revocation is the process of changing a character from the maximum level (99) to the minimum level (1) in a single vocation in Dragon Quest IX. This process is useful for acquiring additional skill points, getting special items, and increasing the chances of getting higher quality treasure maps.

For a single character, revocation can be used as many time as you like for each vocation as long as s/he is level 99 in that vocation. If you revocation any vocation you will see after the vocation. +1, +2, +3, +4, +5, +6, +7, +8, +9 or a star if you rewvocate again after you got the star it will stay as a star. The first time revocation is used on a vocation, a special item is given to the player as a bonus and if you revocation a hero vocation 10 times you will get a new title (1 for each Vocation).

Also note that stat growth item (Pretty betsy, Seed of Life/Magic/Strength/Deftness/Agility/Defence/Sorcery/Therapeusis) will still be effect even if you revocte

Dragon Quest Wiki

~if i understand it correctly when you hit 99 you can still apply for the same job keeping skills/abilities and resetting to lvl 1 again but +1 (upto 10 then go star)
    ~problem is i can't do it~the other forums or (google searched it) says it is possible but for me i don't know how~

5. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    You can't reapply for the same job and have it reset. That doesn't work and it has never worked that way. It would shatter the balance of the game if that was possible.

6. Sylar1

United States
    That's what it says under Revocate in the game, "once you reach the maximum amount of experience"

"Revocatee's return to the first level, but with their skills intact, allowing them to develop further"

7. Sylar1

United States
    Sorry for the double post, but you have to beat the game first before you can revocate

8. shadowhog006
    OP

Philippines
    ok so i have to beat the game first before i can revocate ~ thanks Sylar1 ~

ahaha s2pid wiki didn't say to beat the game before you can do stuff LOL ~ tnx also Nathan Drake