revirginise to 4.1

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by madclint, Feb 8, 2010.

Feb 8, 2010

revirginise to 4.1 by madclint at 11:21 AM (869 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. madclint
    OP

Newcomer madclint Member

South Africa
    Hi there,

Could someone please explain to me how to revirginise to 4.1

I am currently on 3.4u and I am getting a lot of dsi errors when using usb loaders and my wii just switches off ocasionally I have checked the complete guide that is shown here but that does a virginise to 4.2

I also want to know I currently have bootmii installed as boot2 and will it remain there if I change to 4.2 I have all the neccesary files from NUS and will be doing it offline.

I will then make a nand backup of it when it is virginised as I got the wii from someone else and it looks like they got homebrew crazy and installed all sorts of stuff.

Cioscorp 3.6 is on there as I asked him and he said he put it on to play new super mario bros.

Also if you could tell me what are essential apps to have e.g what usb loader is better and what I must avoid,

Thanks for the help appreciate it

2. WiiShizzza

Member WiiShizzza Graphics juggler

Germany
    not necessary to go to 4.1. Do the 4.2 update.
    Read the sticky post about modding very carefully.

3. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Yes, my virginize guide updates you to 4.2
    But if you don't like that, don't download the NUS thingies from my guide, but use this instead: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=207126

The rest of the guide remains the same [​IMG]

edit: bootmii will not be overwritten, and you don't need to uninstall it if you don't want to.

4. madclint
    OP

Newcomer madclint Member

South Africa
    Ok I used your guide to update to 4.2 deleted cioscorp, preloader 0.39 and all the other stuff I then put wii fit plus in and when I push the home button to return to ther wii menu, the wii the switches off before returning to the menu.

Then when I power it on it keeps switching itself off for about 3 - 6 times any ideas?