Hacking Reverse engineering Miiverse.

SonicTheHedgehogRocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I'm planning to bring back Miiverse, but first I need to learn how to do it. Miiverse shut down on November 7th 2017. And so far there is no real replacement for the service. I need to see how Nintendo used Miiverse so I can make a replacement server for Miiverse. I was thinking about the name Riiverse. The name Riiverse will be inspired by Riiconnect24. I know I looked on the internet, and so far no replacement for miiverse. my version of Riiverse will be a real replacement of Miiverse. I'll first work on Wii U support, then I'll see about 3ds and PC Support. I just got to figure out how to get it on Wii U first.

Reactions: Omeg

Omeg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey guys. I'm planning to bring back Miiverse, but first I need to learn how to do it. Miiverse shut down on November 7th 2017. And so far there is no real replacement for the service. I need to see how Nintendo used Miiverse so I can make a replacement server for Miiverse. I was thinking about the name Riiverse. The name Riiverse will be inspired by Riiconnect24. I know I looked on the internet, and so far no replacement for miiverse. my version of Riiverse will be a real replacement of Miiverse. I'll first work on Wii U support, then I'll see about 3ds and PC Support. I just got to figure out how to get it on Wii U first.
You still working on it?

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it even possible to see the miiverse-specific packages? I always assumed that all Nintendo online services would be encrypted.

I found miiverse to be one of the biggest features of the Wii U and was very disappointed to see that Nintendo dropped it altogether. A gaming social network tightly integrated with the console

Luna4256

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Pretty sure Miiverse has a list with white-listed URL's in nn_olv.rpl(?) that can be changed with modding, you also need a "discovery" server which tells Miiverse where to go to (the URL's for the API, Portal, N3DS).
I actually am trying to reverse engineer Miiverse too, you'd probably also need to change some certificates or generate new ones cause the old ones won't work with custom hosts, not sure about that tho.

And also, there is a part of Nintendo online services that is encrypted but Miiverse isn't, there's only "nasc" that has encrypted data that I know of.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn